the above product may have been replaced by

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dandy-Paint-Brush-Roller-Cleaner/dp/B009NK2YX4

regards Brian

Jerome Stanek
06-29-2014, 7:38 AM
I used these for 35 years

Dan Hintz
06-29-2014, 8:30 AM
You don't want to use spinners on any brush of value... they splay the bristles outwards and kill your sharp edge. Great for the home painter who values speed over quality, but I wouldn't let one near my brushes.

Mike Cozad
06-29-2014, 8:36 AM
For a cheapo brush I would guess these would be fine. But what about a good natural bristle brush? I'd be afraid it would damage the bristles. Also having so many more bristles and being thicker, I wonder if it would really work as demonstrated.... Since watching Scott Holmes' brush care vid I've had better luck with my brushes and started buying high quality knowing I'm less apt to ruin them.

Dan beat me to it while I was slow typing..

Art Mann
06-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Like Dan and Mike, I can't imagine doing that to one of my quality brushes.

Jerome Stanek
06-29-2014, 11:52 AM
My painter uses high quality brushes and spins them to clean. She has some that are 10 years old.

Tom M King
06-29-2014, 12:29 PM
With the quality of water bourne coatings, and "latex" today, I don't remember the last time I used oil base on a brush. We still use oil base primers for some things, but it's always sprayed. Brushes get cleaned in a sink these days.

Jerome Stanek
06-29-2014, 5:02 PM
We still use the spinner on latex

Stephen Tashiro
06-30-2014, 12:54 AM
I wonder if one could use a spinnter to make an electric painting tool - a tube to feed paint on the bursh, replace the bucket with a half open guard like on a grinder? Mmmm...probably not.

Dan Hintz
06-30-2014, 7:18 AM
I wonder if one could use a spinnter to make an electric painting tool - a tube to feed paint on the bursh, replace the bucket with a half open guard like on a grinder? Mmmm...probably not.

Loved those things as a kid (and kinda fond of them as an adult, too!):

Rich Engelhardt
06-30-2014, 7:29 AM
I wonder if one could use a spinnter to make an electric painting tool - a tube to feed paint on the bursh, replace the bucket
Wagner made one years ago - back in the late 1960's.
The first generation Power Roller that Wagner made, also had an attachment for a brush.
This was the external feed roller system that had little curved tubes above the roller that dribbled paint down onto the roller, not the internal feed system that had holes in the roller that paint oozed out of.

Unlike the power roller though, that had an button which you pressed to allow paint to flow into the roller, paint was always flowing into the brush.

More paint ended up on the floor/ground that ended up going onto any surface.

When Wagner finally got around to putting a button on the brush, that didn't work out to well either since the way you grip and use a brush leaves no comfortable way to use a button.

Brian Deakin
06-30-2014, 2:27 PM
I have used the yellow Dandy spinner for 15 years now and yes it does spray out the bristles but cleans every single brush thoroughly and quickly

The only care you need to take is to allow the brush to come to a stop before removing from the holder or the torque will crack the spinner body

regards Brian