PDA

View Full Version : sources for bandsaw blades in calgary Ab.

Mike Kees
06-28-2014, 1:24 AM
I am looking for a source for bands in Calgary. I just bought a steel city 18 bandsaw that uses 137 inch blades .I would like to find a source for blades, either custom cut or premade,thanks in advance for any imput.

Mark Kornell
06-28-2014, 7:27 PM
R&D Bandsaws (tufftooth.com) does mail-order band saw blades in Canada. Grizzly and others will ship blades to Canada.

However, most saw sharpening services also make band saw blades. The basic stock comes in long rolls; they just cut a piece to your length and weld it.

Last time I was in Black Forest in Calgary, they had some blades. Dunno if they stock your length, but they would be able to get them for you or tell you a local source.

Mike Ottenbreit
06-28-2014, 8:00 PM
I'm not sure if they'd carry your particular length, but you could try Canadian Woodworker, or Black Forest as mentioned. Possibly KMS tools as well. I recently ordered four or five blades from R & D bandsaws, though I have barely used them so far.

All Blades in the SE can have custom blades made at their Edmonton location and get them to you within about a week, I'm told.

Mike Kees
06-29-2014, 3:29 PM
I'm not sure if they'd carry your particular length, but you could try Canadian Woodworker, or Black Forest as mentioned. Possibly KMS tools as well. I recently ordered four or five blades from R & D bandsaws, though I have barely used them so far.

All Blades in the SE can have custom blades made at their Edmonton location and get them to you within about a week, I'm told.
Thanks for the sources.