PDA

View Full Version : Jim Adkins Class, Wooden bowls turned into Indian Baskets

Steve Mawson
06-26-2014, 8:42 AM
Just to let you all know that Jim Adkins has a class in Mountain Home, Arkansas at the Arkansas Craft School. Jim teaches how to make Indian Baskets from a turned wooden bowl. Cost for the class is only $250.00 and there are 6 slots still open. I am registered to go and would welcome any Creekers that might have a chance to attend. You must register by July 1. Class is from July 15-18th. More information at the Arkansas Craft School website.

John Keeton
06-26-2014, 9:04 AM
Steve, it is actually in Mountain View, Arkansas, I believe. I am scheduled to teach there in October, as well, thanks to information provided several months ago by Jim.

Jim does a fantastic job with his demos and I am sure the class would be exceptional!

Steve Mawson
06-28-2014, 3:52 PM
Bump for the weekend and thanks to John for the correction , class is in Mountain View. Looks like a nice little town.

Robert Henrickson
06-28-2014, 5:20 PM
I attended a Jim Adkins demo at the local WC. Probably the best 2-hr demo I've seen. He taught a lot clearly in that time. Spending more time in a class setting ought to be a great experience.

Robert McGowen
07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Steve, Thanks for posting this. I have always admired Jim's work. I called the school and learned that there were enough students signed up to "break even", which meant that the class is in no danger of being cancelled. I told them that I would hate for them to not make a profit, so I signed up for the class. :) It looks like the Goldwing will be headed out of state in a few weeks. I look forward to meeting you at the class.