PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Richard N Elliott
06-23-2014, 10:16 AM
After a diligent search of woodworking forums I came to the conclusion that Saw Mill Creek is the best one available, so here I am! :D

I've been playing with wood most of my life, I'll be 69 next month, and now I'm looking at retirement which (I hope) means I'll have more time to devote to my many interests. In the past these have centered around hunting, shooting, building black powder firearms, knife making, leather work and the like, but soon I should be able to expand my creative endeavors. ;)

My wife Kathie and I moved into our retirement home a couple of months ago and it has a full, unfinished basement. So now for the first time I have plenty of space for a gun room/small hobby workshop as well as a very large woodshop. :cool: I'll be able to (which is not to say I will - to many desires, to little time... :o) But now I can go about designing the ultimate man cave, learn metal engraving, build that boat, cello, oak trestle table and the myriad of other things I've only been able to dream about so far!

Of course, first I have to get the two shops set up and fill in the blanks in my power tool line-up. That is kinda problematic as I ruptured a couple of disks packing stuff for the move. :mad: Also, Kathie is very ill and I try to spend as much time as possible with her.

But SawMillCreek has a forum for everything I want to do so I'll be able to learn, dream and pick everyone's brain until physical ability equals mental desire!

I hope this post is appropriate for this forum. I'd hate to be wrong from the get-go! :D

Todd Burch
06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the creek Richard! A fine place to hang out.

Todd

Bruce Page
06-23-2014, 1:42 PM
Welcome Richard. Congrats on your upcoming retirement!

Von Bickley
06-23-2014, 1:45 PM
Richard,
Welcome to the Creek...... Hope you will enjoy visiting with us.
Sounds like we enjoy a lot of the same things. I like shooting, knives, guns, antiques, and of course woodworking.

George Bokros
06-23-2014, 2:27 PM
Welcome to SMC. Lots of good people here and lots of knowledge to tap.

George

Joe Tilson
06-24-2014, 2:40 PM
Welcome to SMC! Hope to hear some of your wisdom as well.