PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
06-23-2014, 8:37 AM
23 Jun 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
The construction project continues. All plumbing rough-in is finished, framing work finished, roofing finished, wiring is almost done, and I met all utility company requirements for power hookup on the new service. Insulation work has been started and will be done by Wednesday of this week. Drywall work should begin next week and HVAC work should be done by Friday of this week. All cabinets are expected to ship to our location by late July. Driveway has been fixed and we are getting ready for soffit work.

More construction work this week and I hope to finalize most everything before sheet rock next week.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
06-23-2014, 9:34 AM
Equestrian stuff on Saturday followed by fixing the driveways from the very, very heavy rain damage incurred a couple days earlier. Sunday was mow the grass day followed by preparing my horse trailer for use this week and then some time in the shop gluing up the top for my latest tack trunk project. Overall, a very nice weekend.

Matt Meiser
06-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Moving related stuff. Rented the smallest U-Haul with a ramp to get the last of the stuff to be moved out my shop and over to a place where we are storing stuff as I have to be out of the shop in about 2-1/2 weeks. Moved a lot of boxes out of the basement into a POD-like container (actually a lot nicer than a POD,) mowed the lawn, and spent several hours packing decorative stuff in the house. While our actual move date for the house isn't until early August, we're looking at hiring movers for the big stuff and wanted to get a lot of the small stuff out of the way so they can give us a reasonably accurate quote.

Dale Murray
06-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Saturday was spent assembling "my new to me" Sawstop ICS followed by cooking a couple nicely aged steaks.
Sunday was spent checking, adjusting, and testing the saw followed by cooking fajitas on the grill.
Sunday night was spent proving I could still get a car in the garage even with that beast of a saw present.

Shawn Pixley
06-23-2014, 12:29 PM
I am still in recovery mode. Saturday was a test of sorts. LOML & I drove into LA to see the Dwell by Design Conference. We saw an interesting discussion on modular housing for Mother in law / aging parent situation. As my parents are aging, I'd like to find an apprpriate solution before the time comes. We walked through the vendor booths. The Swiss furniture & design competition was especially nice. Five hours of walking around was all I could stand. And while that would have been no big deal before, I was pretty well trashed after this. Sunday was focused upon recovery from Saturday's exercise. I started drawing up my inlay pattern for the jewelry box.

Between times I watched some of the world cup games. The last second goal by Portugal was a heartbreaker. I'll get to see some of the placeing games from the group stage. The Dutch look very strong as do the Columbians.

Mike Ontko
06-23-2014, 2:02 PM
Purchased the sheet goods (BB) for my shop cabinets, but I'm still in the process of tweaking my plans so there won't be any cutting for a little while longer. I also decided to purchase a T&G solid edge band router bit set (http://www.infinitytools.com/Edge-Banding-Sets/products/1301/) from Infinity, so I can apply something more solid than iron-on veneer.

Nothing too fancy planned--standard cabinet height and depth, using BB plywood and poplar or possibly alder for the door and drawer fronts. I'm planning on finishing with a semi-transparent stain or dye and a top coat of urethane.

The rough diagrams (below) were done using Visio. I'm still in the beginner stages of working with SketchUp, otherwise I would have done the drawings that way.