PDA

View Full Version : General Excalibur Cast Iron Table Top w/ Jessum Router Lift Question

Nathalee Jones
06-23-2014, 3:43 AM
It maybe me, and I just got tired - but here goes. I setup my new General Excalibur cast iron router table top - on top of a KREG stand (temporary, while I build my router table) needless to say that didn't fit, but no big deal as it is only temporary until I build a new 12 foot router table - I'll post pictures. Anyway, I assembled my Jessum MasterLift II router lift and put in my PC 7518 router - but now the Jessum doesn't seem to line up with the screws on the router table. Anybody have this setup? I also bought the Incra LS Positioner with the wonderfence and I know the positioner won't work on the temporary table, but am even scared to try the wonderfence as it may not work either. If I can just get the Jessum secured, I'll be all right. I just need it setup while I build my new router table.

I went to bed - gave up and maybe fresh eyes in the morning will help..?

Bill Huber
06-23-2014, 9:47 AM
Does the plate in the table?
What holes do not line up, there are only 2 screws that have to screw in, one on each of 2 corners.

The 2 screws really don't need to be installed, I didn't install them until a few months after I got the lift.

George Bokros
06-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Most router plates just sit in the table top with maybe a couple of positionable ears that hold the plate from being lifted out. My first plat just sat in the table top. My Woodpeckers lift has some swivel ears that keep the lift from coming up when I use the quick lift rod to change bits.

George

James Henderson
06-24-2014, 11:28 PM
I use the "extension wing" version of the General cast iron table top in conjunction with the Incra version of the Jessem router lift II, which is nearly identical to your configuration. The lift cannot be screwed down to the table top. Rather, the lift simply drops into the recess on the cast iron top and hex screws around the perimeter of the lift plate are adjusted to level the lift coplanar to the table top. Afterwards, a single eccentric hex bolt located in the upper left corner of the lift is used to lock the lift plate into the recess, to avoid shifting during use.

Earl Rumans
06-24-2014, 11:56 PM
The Jessem comes with a 9 1/4 X 11 3/4 and a 8 1/4 x 11 3/4 plate. Do you have the wrong plate for the opening in the table top?