PDA

View Full Version : Suregrave issue

vic casware
06-17-2014, 5:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
I purchased a nearly new Suregrave 2516i with the Hi Drive 2 controller,
The great people at Trotec in the UK (as we don't have a Surgrave agent in New Zealand) set me up
online with my Windows 7 32 bit laptop and everything went great,
Now i have had a new computer built, luckily still Windows 7 but it's 64 bit.
Now the strange thing is i have been emailing and calling for a couple of months
with no reply at all, I gave the details to my computer guy who has also been emailing
both the tech support and the guy who helped me last time, same result no reply.
The initial question was will the controller run on a 64 bit system?
I have set up the same as the laptop but it won't recognize the controller.
I don't know what's happened to tech support so i thought i would give you guys a crack at it first
before i move to the last resort by phoning the General Manager of Trotec.
Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated?

Brian R Cain
06-17-2014, 6:08 PM
Watch out for a PM from me.

vic casware
08-05-2014, 9:53 PM
Just thought i would post my success, after much searching and computer people looking at the issue with no success
I left it alone for a couple of weeks, today i turned on the computer and for some reason my mind cleared and i went on
automatic, 5 minutes later it roared into life! Oh Yes, I will be smiling for a few days.

Mike Null
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I believe that machine was built by Visions and is no longer in production. Here in the US Visions has a very good reputation as a rugged durable engraver.

Dan Hintz
08-06-2014, 6:07 AM
Just thought i would post my success, after much searching and computer people looking at the issue with no success
I left it alone for a couple of weeks, today i turned on the computer and for some reason my mind cleared and i went on
automatic, 5 minutes later it roared into life! Oh Yes, I will be smiling for a few days.

So what did you do to solve the problem?

vic casware
08-06-2014, 6:18 PM
So what did you do to solve the problem?

Most of the hard work was done, thecontroller worked and so did Engravelab 9
they just didn't like each other.
The automatic setup had put the wrongdestination folder for the plot file
and because the auto setup only got tostep 4 of 7 the controller didn't know
where to find the folder that theengraving file was sent to.
So I matched the 2 up and away it went.
I'm not sure it's perfect yet though aswhen the job has run and you send a new
file through, the previous file usuallydeletes, but i'm finding it is not.
But it's no issue, just a matter ofdeleting the used files at the end of the day.
Now I will clone the hard drive so I amhopefully issue free for a few more years.