PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for response from buyers?

Moses Yoder
06-17-2014, 4:26 PM
How long do you wait for a response to a PM and a request to pay for a tool they said they wanted before you just repost the item for sale?

glenn bradley
06-17-2014, 4:38 PM
I would say that if the person is interested the whole transaction (less shipping or mail time) shouldn't take more than a few days. Not everyone logs on every day but, If I have laid claim to something, I follow up with replies, too-sweet. I may go a week without looking at the forum but, I wouldn't wait a week if I had put a sale in motion by making an offer. Most of my experiences go like this:

Me: I'll take it, how would you like your money?
You: Great, I prefer Pay Pal but, if you'd rather you can send me a check to 123 Anystreet, Anytown, USA 12345
Me: The check is on the way.
--- three or four days later ---
You: I got your check. I will drop the item in the mail on the way to work tomorrow.
Me: Thanks!
--- three or four days later ---
Me: Got it. Thanks again!

Dan Hintz
06-17-2014, 5:08 PM
PayPal payments should happen within 24 hours, 48 at the latest to take care of people who have an emergency. If you're actively trying to purchase a tool, it's your responsibility to pay attention for a response from the seller and send them money as soon as is reasonable. I often pay within a few hours of agreeing it's mine, or possibly later that evening if I'm at work or some such thing. Latest is usually next day if I haven't received a timely response from the seller.