PDA

View Full Version : Lamp Hazard WARNING!!

Russ Filtz
06-30-2005, 11:38 AM
OT, but I think it should reach as many as possible. This is an IKEA lamp purchased I don't know when. Code on back reads TU Fac. Code 11-01-503. Not sure if that's a model number or production facility.

Yes, that's two BARE wires coming out of the base! The lamp had fallen off a table in a bedroom onto a CARPETED floor. The wires were only installed with the poor "push-in" style terminal (I refuse to use those on any wiring and use screws instead). The plastic housing around the innards had two tabs that were supposed to clamp everything together and prevent what you see here I guess. Those were both snapped in the fall in addition to pulling out the wires.

I was extremely mad (expletives deleted) when I saw it as it must have been laying there for awhile and I have two small kids running around. I will be forwarding this to IKEA and the CPSC.

Wes Bischel
06-30-2005, 1:02 PM
Russ,
THANK YOU!! We have the same lamp in my son's room and he turns it on himself each morning. I guess I should say we HAD the same lamp in my son's room. I went up and took it out as soon as I saw your post.

Thanks for taking the time to post this info - I owe you one.

Wes