PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day!

Mike Cozad
06-15-2014, 7:13 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the Creekers out there fortunate enough to be a Dad. I have to admit I wasn't the best dad on the planet when my kids were groing up. I was a submarine sailor for a long time and after I returned to civilian life I spent a great deal of time on a higher education and career, much of which has been as a road warrior for several different companies and positions. I know I did it for them, but maybe I could have made better choices. The rearview mirror is always more clear to see through than windshield I suppose.

At any rate I am blessed with 3 great young adults. Despite my absences they grew up to be absolutely solid and hard working men and woman. My oldest boy (23) is a machinist, and a dang fine one at that. He has had his brushes with traffic law enforcement but has straightened that out. Its a byproduct of working in a shop that builds nothing but high-performance drag racing engines. Speed is now in his blood. Extremely proud of him.

My daughter is 20 and in the Army National Guard as a CBRN Tech. She also is a member of the University of Toledo Medical Center Campus police. She is a Senior at the University of Toledo in the Criminal Justice program with a 3.98 GPA. DAMN proud of her.

My youngest is a senior in high school and is in the Computer Science Technology program at the Vo-tech here in the Toledo area with a 4.0 GPA. His junior year project was to build a 3D printer. Man is that thing is slick. I am going to learn Auto-cad so I can make my own small parts with his machine. He also holds down a 40 hour a week job in the same shop as my oldest boy. He has learned to operate the mills my oldest boy programs. In fact, he has gained such good skills, the owner bought a high speed tapping center exclusively for him to run. I don't think he'll do this as a career like the older boy, but he is learning valuable skills.

So thats my story. I am proud today of how solid citizens they turned out to be despite my part-time choices. They are all independent and strong thinkers and leaders in their peer groups so I managed to do something right.

I hope all of you have as good a story to reflect on as I have been blessed with.

Happy Father's Day to you all!

John Conklin
06-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Happy Father's Day Mike and to all the other Dad's here on SMC!

I'm blessed with only one daughter, but she's a wonderful child and person and has presented us with one of the best and funniest granddaughters on earth.

Paul McGaha
06-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Thank you Mike and happy fathers day to all you dads out there.

Great thing to be a dad.

PHM

Shawn Pixley
06-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Thank you Mike and Happy Fathers' Day to the others out there.

I was blessed with a great father and two excellent grandfathers. I hoped to match up to their records but fear I fell short. In spite of my shortcomings, I have a wonderful son who is pursuing his dreams.

Happy Fathers' Day everyone!

Malcolm Schweizer
06-15-2014, 3:55 PM
Shameless gloat- My lovely wife gave me a Lie Nielsen gift certificate for Father's Day. She did this on her own. She knows!!! She also lets me do woodworking and build VW engines in the house. A better woman you will not find, and my daughter is the cutest and smartest ever. At 14 months she already has quite the vocabulary.

happy Father's Day to all.

Leo Graywacz
06-15-2014, 7:31 PM
Happy Fathers day all. Hope you got time to spend with him.

Raymond Fries
06-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Ditto to a happy Father's Day to all. although my dad has passed, I spent the day with my two precious daughters.