PDA

View Full Version : Roku

Jerry Thompson
06-13-2014, 7:56 PM
I have a Roku device and would like to explore their offerings in movies, etc. However after going to their site I don't see how to start the service. I seems to be more about selling one of their devices and then getting the service. I went to the help section and know no more than I did before. I have an account but my patience is short with not having it right out there to make a selection and get it done.
Any help?

Harold Burrell
06-13-2014, 8:08 PM
What model do you have? That makes a difference...

Jerry Thompson
06-13-2014, 8:27 PM
It has s a big 3 on the top. I bought it in 2013 when that was the only one they had.

Harold Burrell
06-13-2014, 9:24 PM
Do you have it hooked up to your TV? Is it recognizing your wireless router? Once you get all that established, all you have to do is go to the "Channel Store" and start adding channels to your account. Some are free. Some are for a fee.

We have a whole bunch of channels. The only one we pay for is Netflix.

I sent you a PM, Jerry. Feel free to call me if you want me to walk you thru it.

Jerry Thompson
06-14-2014, 8:01 AM
I get it now. I led myself to believe that Roku itself had a channel. So far I have seen nothing that interests me on any of the channels to make me want to pay. I quit Netflix as it had little to no interests videos that matched my taste. Thanks.

Tom Stenzel
06-14-2014, 9:48 AM
When we first got our Roku I spent a lot of time watching the PUB-D-HUB channel. Free version, of course. I've always been a sucker for Buster Keaton movies and watched most of the silent movies found there.

-Tom

Bonnie Campbell
06-14-2014, 10:24 AM
I've had Roku for a few years now. It's not the greatest option available for most people. Where I'm living I can't get satellite and the cable company isn't even known by the city. The only pay channels I've got are NetFlix and Hulu+ and they have a lot of young childrens programing to keep my grandson happy when he is allowed to watch TV.