PDA

View Full Version : Quick laser alignment question...looking for advice.

Don Young
06-13-2014, 1:40 PM
I recently replaced my worn out tube only to find that it is out of alignment as one might expect. There has to be a better, and far less time-consuming way, to align the red dot with the laser. Between the red dot clamp with six screws and the three mirrors, this is tedious and as orders pile up, I am frustrated trying to get this done. Any tips or hints from you veterans out there ??
Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan Hintz
06-13-2014, 3:48 PM
It's a downside to the glass tubes and the way they're mounted... even many western machines need to be aligned (Epilog, et. al.). ULS is pretty much the only spot in town that has "self-aligning" cartridges, but that is due to careful factory alignment of the beam coming out of the cartridge (and the cartridge mount is factory aligned to the machine).

David Somers
06-13-2014, 4:02 PM
How about Trotec's Dan? Just curious.

You still enjoying your speedster? <grin>

Dave

Kev Williams
06-13-2014, 4:26 PM
I don't even have a red dot pointer on my Triumph. I'm getting pretty good at locating without it.

My LS900's red dot never hits same place on the mirror above the lens that laser actually hits it, but where it actually points on the material is usually within .005" of where the laser fires, so I don't do much adjusting-

Dave Sheldrake
06-15-2014, 3:47 PM
There is Don,

Dump the beam combiner and fix a small laser to the cutting head. That said I take the red dots off of all my machines so don't really face the same problem these days

cheers

Dave