PDA

View Full Version : Festool info

John F. Snyder
06-12-2014, 4:25 PM
I was on the Festool site and saw that it mentioned the name Frank Pellow as the Festool guy at Sawmill Creek. I am hoping that is correct as I viewed a UK video on YouTube of the Festool Sword model # SSV200. It is a vertical chain saw deigned for cutting timbers and it works on their tracks. I hope someone here has some info on it and whether or not it is or will be available in the US.

Jason Marten
06-12-2014, 5:19 PM
Not available in the US. You might some info at the Festool Owner's Group forum.

Jamie Buxton
06-12-2014, 10:29 PM
A Festool dealer told me that the only really new tool from Festool this year in the USA will be an edgebander that's already being sold in Europe. From that, it would seem that they're not going to be bringing in the tool you're asking about.

There are other companies offering tools like this in the US. Look around www.timberwolftools.com. In particular, you can see a Mafell chainsaw that operates off their track. (I think the Mafell track and the Festool track are interchangeable, but I'm not sure.)

kent borcherding
06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
The Mafell is the top choice used by timber framers. IMHO Mafell saws are the top of the line.

joseph f merz
06-13-2014, 10:36 AM
I saw Mafell saws next to festool in a supply house in germany .The Mafell tools make festool look like a knock off . http://mafell-users-forum.freeforums.net/ maybe this sight would be of interest to you . If you adore high end tools there saws will really interest you

Greg R Bradley
06-13-2014, 11:56 AM
A Festool dealer told me that the only really new tool from Festool this year in the USA will be an edgebander that's already being sold in Europe. From that, it would seem that they're not going to be bringing in the tool you're asking about.

There are other companies offering tools like this in the US. Look around www.timberwolftools.com (http://www.timberwolftools.com). In particular, you can see a Mafell chainsaw that operates off their track. (I think the Mafell track and the Festool track are interchangeable, but I'm not sure.)
Mafell has several track systems for different uses. One is compatable with Festool. Most of their tools are oriented around specialized uses and the quality is really high. So are the prices. Anyone thinking that Festool is expensive should not even look at Mafell. Their longer Sword Saw in 120v is about $6000.

Their version of a large Tracksaw:

C Scott McDonald
06-14-2014, 8:41 PM
Mafell has several track systems for different uses. One is compatable with Festool. Most of their tools are oriented around specialized uses and the quality is really high. So are the prices. Anyone thinking that Festool is expensive should not even look at Mafell. Their longer Sword Saw in 120v is about $6000.

Their version of a large Tracksaw:

HOLE LEE SMOKES! No thanks!

Peter Kelly
06-14-2014, 8:59 PM
Protool and Festool are one in the same now.

Loren Woirhaye
06-14-2014, 9:56 PM
Festool smaller routers are Mafell designs. Mafell may even make them. Mafell stuff is all kinds of cool.

Peter Kelly
06-14-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm pretty certain Mafell had made the larger routers for Festool in the past as well. I think Metabo used to make Mafell's sanders.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121216015212/simpsons/images/4/45/Duff_lite_%26_dry.png

Loren Woirhaye
06-14-2014, 11:31 PM
We've all probably noticed how similar looking a certain made in Germany Bosch sander is to a Festool Rotex.

Bosch makes hoses that are Festool/Mafell compatible too. Way cheaper price, comparable quality.