PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen Plans for an Aerobic Step?

Jeff A. Smith
06-29-2005, 9:52 PM
I'm looking for plans for an aerobic step for a gift for my wife. You'd think a step is just a block of wood, but there has to be a certain amount of "spring" to it so as to absorb some of the impact. I can't say how much impact, but I'm told it's about 110 pounds. :)

Has anyone got any sources on anything like this???

Thanks,
Jeff Smith
Athens, AL

Earl Kelly
06-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Jeff,
The class my Wife took used some built steps to makeup enough for a large class sometimes. Those were a 2x4 on edges and 3/4 ply top with no center bracing. Basically a box with no bottom.

I can get you the size if you need it, we still have them. You might check on ebay for a Reebok aerobic step.

Jeff A. Smith
06-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Jeff,
The class my Wife took used some built steps to makeup enough for a large class sometimes. Those were a 2x4 on edges and 3/4 ply top with no center bracing. Basically a box with no bottom.

I can get you the size if you need it, we still have them. You might check on ebay for a Reebok aerobic step.

Thanks, Earl... That would certainly work. She has a Reebok step, but I made the mistake of asking her how much it cost, and when she told me, I instantly said, "I could make you something to use for a step." I was thinking just a step... I wasn't thinking "with spring action." :cool:

Anyway, I can make something like you're describing tonight and see if she approves. Thanks!

Jeff Smith
Athens, AL