PDA

View Full Version : Which T-Shank Jig Saw Blades??

Corey Hallagan
06-29-2005, 8:02 PM
What T Shanks jig saw blades you guys use in your jig saws for:

Thick softwood like 2 X material
3/4 plywood and softwood
3/4 Hardwood
3/4 MDF or Particle Board

I am interested in brands and model numbers.

Thanks,
Corey

Jim Dunn
06-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Corey,

I have a Bosch jig saw and use only their blades. I pretty much use their use guides also as to the blade/tooth number type as to the cut and material. Haven't used any other brands so I can't be much help with alternatives.

Jim

Joseph O'Leary
06-29-2005, 11:34 PM
I also have a Bosch jig saw and only use their blades. I pick up a catalog every few years and refer to it for my blade selection. Always get good results.;)

Corey Hallagan
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks guys, are bosch blades available at Home Depot? Any other national chain?

Thanks,
Corey

Dave Falkenstein
06-30-2005, 1:40 AM
I have started using Festool blades instead of Bosch blades. Both Bosch and Festool blades will fit Festool jig saws, and I'd bet that Festool blades will fit Bosch saws too. The Festool blades are moderately priced. Check out the Festool catalog to see what blade to use for specific materials and applications.

larry merlau
06-30-2005, 8:16 AM
i too vote for the bosch blades and yet am using a festool saw. so the listing in the catolg or in the packageing is good refence area..and yes the orange borg carrys them. get the bi metal ones preferably last longer and the plastic laminate blades work great fo rsmooth cuts in most anythng, have cut 8/4 white oak with no trouble.

Corey Hallagan
06-30-2005, 8:35 AM
Thanks guys!

Corey

JayStPeter
06-30-2005, 9:29 AM
Bosch here too. They are sold at Lowes and HD.

I remember hearing on the FOG that Festool blades are Bosch blades with different labels.

There's model #/application info at boschtools.com. Choose accessories, jigsaw blades, t-shank ... etc.

The borgs sell variety packs that help you pick blades you like. I initially got a couple different variety packs that have lead to a some packs of specific blades I liked using.

Jay

Charles McKinley
06-30-2005, 9:35 AM
Another vote for Bosch

I hated my Dewalt 18v jigsaw with DW blades until I tried a Bosch blade! The difference was like night and day. Now that DW has started making higher quality circular saw blades maybe some R&D money will find it to their jig saw blades.

Jim Becker
06-30-2005, 10:21 AM
While I use the Festool blades like Dave, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the Bosch if I needed something "now" and wanted to source locally. They are good quality blades. I will mention that F has some heavier and longer blades available that are quite useful when you are cutting very thick material and want to be both efficient and accurate. (They don't tend to wander as much as thinner blades in these cuts, especially if your saw has guides like the new Bosch and Festool tools have) I don't believe that Bosch offers these, but they "should" work in some other brand of saws...you might want to ask Mr. Marino about that.