PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Chinese laser software.

Rich Ebner
06-10-2014, 4:51 PM
I use my laser with a rotary axis etching glasses.Why is it when running a program the firstfew lines are not etching?If you have acircle the first few passes of the laser don’t etch and the image is cut off,slightly. I don’t know if it’s a parameter setting, though I can’t seem to findwhere they would be.
The other question is why do I have to invert everything I’metching, and is this normal in the laser business.It’s not a big deal, only two clicks but itis something you have to remember and really doesn’t make sense to me why itwould do that.
I started this 3 months ago, and realize that there would bea VERY steep learning curve.Luckily forme I haven’t lost my shirt yet and have at least made some income to kind ofoffset some of the expense. I’m truly amazed at some of the work that membershere are doing.

Allen Rawley
06-10-2014, 11:43 PM
I use my laser with a rotary axis etching glasses.Why is it when running a program the firstfew lines are not etching?If you have acircle the first few passes of the laser don’t etch and the image is cut off,slightly. I don’t know if it’s a parameter setting, though I can’t seem to findwhere they would be.
The other question is why do I have to invert everything I’metching, and is this normal in the laser business.It’s not a big deal, only two clicks but itis something you have to remember and really doesn’t make sense to me why itwould do that.
I started this 3 months ago, and realize that there would bea VERY steep learning curve.Luckily forme I haven’t lost my shirt yet and have at least made some income to kind ofoffset some of the expense. I’m truly amazed at some of the work that membershere are doing.

A suggestion is to start from the basics then work your way up to the problem, in order to identify its source:
1. Take off the rotary and run the laser with the normal X and Y table (in approximately the same location of the table where you are running the rotary job)
2. Draw a circle and a square and fill them for engraving
3. Engrave them
4. Measure them and determine if the results are good
5. Then, do your same pattern that is cut off and missing the top lines.
6. Measure it and determine if the results are good
7. Then, put on the rotary
8. Run the circle square again, then run your pattern

Rich Ebner
06-12-2014, 4:09 PM
Thanks, after trying and looking at a few things I found that if the image you want is boxed (using the group or boxing arrow. I'm not really sure what the proper name is for it) the end of the box is inside the image by a few lines. I found that if after grouping the image and then removing the box then print it will etch properly. Kind of screwy the way they do that but it seems to be the problem. Still can't figure out why I have to mirror the image though. It's not a big deal but just another trap toget caught in if you don't pay attention.

Robert Walters
06-12-2014, 4:19 PM
Still can't figure out why I have to mirror the image though.

Take a look at a rubber stamp with text on it. If you notice, it is reversed.
When you stamp paper with it the image is reversed and shows on the paper in the proper orientation.

This is the same thing you have to do when engraving on the reverse side of acrylic or glass.
When you look thru the front, it's in the proper orientation.

Yeah, you do forget sometimes, but after a while it'll become second nature.

Some laser software has profiles preset for such thing, then all you have to do is to remember to load that preset when running those type of jobs and not have to deal with it in software.

Hope that helps some.