PDA

View Full Version : Ceros Deals?

Mark Bolton
06-10-2014, 1:17 PM
Anyone spotted any promo deals on Ceros lately? I know they keep pricing tight but for a long while a few places were offering incentives or paper packages.

Ken Krawford
06-11-2014, 7:18 AM
How about $350 ? http://woodworkersshop.com/ I bought one from them late last year. It's wonderful !!!!

Mark Bolton
06-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Would a been sweet... sold out

Yonak Hawkins
06-11-2014, 1:23 PM
Mark, it allowed me to put one in a cart. You might check again.

Mark Rakestraw
06-11-2014, 2:26 PM
Same here, it allowed me to put it in the cart. I have one I paid full price for and almost went ahead and got another for that price. In my opinion they are orders of magnitude nicer to use than anything else. What stopped me is that Mirka does have a recall out on some of these units and you would need to be able to check the serial number to make sure you aren't buying a problem (mine was okay). They say to stop using the affected sanders and to contact Mirka for a replacement. I assume they would still honor the replacement even if bought for a marked down price, right?

Frank Martin
06-11-2014, 3:03 PM
There is a new version of this in Europe, called Deros. It no longer has the separate transformer box, it is now built into the sander. Also it comes with both 5" and 6" pads. Supposedly they worked out the kinks in Ceros. May be worth waiting for the US version of that model.

Mark Bolton
06-11-2014, 4:00 PM
I called them and asked and they said they were out.. wonder whatd happen if pulled the trigger on the website

Wade Lippman
06-11-2014, 4:29 PM
I called them and asked and they said they were out.. wonder whatd happen if pulled the trigger on the website

I will let you know; so far nothing.

John Huds0n
06-11-2014, 4:46 PM
You can get 10% off through WoodWerks by buying a Gift Card during their Father's Day sale - but you have to wait until after July 1st to use the card.

I did this last year to buy my Ceros (at the time they also had quite a bit of sandpaper that went with it for free) and I also bought another $500 gift card which I used on some Festool stuff

http://www.woodwerks.com/wood-werks-supply-gift-cards.html

Wade Lippman
06-11-2014, 4:53 PM
I got excited for a moment, but...
"*select items may not be purchased with discounted gift cards."

John Huds0n
06-11-2014, 5:14 PM
Actually I ended up calling WoodWerks about it

Spoke with "Lee" - she said it would not be a problem using the gift card to buy a Ceros, but it sounds like they have been taking some flack from Saw Stop and Festool about it...

So you should be good to go on a Ceros. (I would send them an email to have it in writing, just in case you had problems later - but as long as you purchased within 30 days, I would think you would get a full refund for the gift card if it did not work out)

Mark Bolton
06-11-2014, 5:39 PM
I've got a feeling you'll be hearing something but who knows. When. Reading about the cart thing I tried it and it did add but being skeptical I didn't finish the order. I just tried it again and now it won't let you add it to the cart. When I called earlier he said they had been out but didn't question the offer still being on the web.

I always thought the ceros was fixed pricing like festool. The paper offer is always out there

Charles Pyeatt
06-11-2014, 5:43 PM
$395.00

http://www.woodstocksupply.com/mirka-ceros-3-inch-electric-sander-mim32520us.html

Joe Spear
06-11-2014, 8:11 PM
$395.00

http://www.woodstocksupply.com/mirka-ceros-3-inch-electric-sander-mim32520us.html

That is the 3-inch.

Mark Rakestraw
06-11-2014, 8:11 PM
There is a new version of this in Europe, called Deros. It no longer has the separate transformer box, it is now built into the sander. Also it comes with both 5" and 6" pads. Supposedly they worked out the kinks in Ceros. May be worth waiting for the US version of that model.

That's interesting Frank. The Ceros is small and light, which is what I like about it. The transformer is huge and heavy. Hopefully they won't (or didn't) ruin the sander trying to lose the transformer. I wonder if pursuing that course was driven by quality, performance, or just trying to reduce costs.

Frank Martin
06-11-2014, 8:38 PM
That's interesting Frank. The Ceros is small and light, which is what I like about it. The transformer is huge and heavy. Hopefully they won't (or didn't) ruin the sander trying to lose the transformer. I wonder if pursuing that course was driven by quality, performance, or just trying to reduce costs.

Reviews from Europe are all positive and the sander does not seem that much bigger. So hopefully an improvement, but I have not used it.

Wade Lippman
06-12-2014, 11:12 PM
I will let you know; so far nothing.

I got an email that it has been shipped!