PDA

View Full Version : Why did't I think of that...?

Greg Hines, MD
06-10-2014, 1:07 PM
Don't have one. Don't need one. But that is a clever idea.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/wilton-10010?cm_mmc=Exact%20Target-_-060614_Fathers+Day+Video+Promos-_-NB-_-Shop+Wilton+Vises

ACME is having a fathers day sale, though some of their items, while innovative, are overpriced.

Art Mann
06-10-2014, 1:34 PM
I have seen toilet seats attached to receiver hitch tow bars as well. I thought that was equally creative and possibly even more useful depending on the circumstances.

Judson Green
06-10-2014, 1:37 PM
Or this for a lot less.
http://www.harborfreight.com/hitch-mount-vise-plate-66260.html

I think grizzly has one too.

Judson Green
06-10-2014, 1:38 PM
I have seen toilet seats attached to receiver hitch tow bars as well. I thought that was equally creative and possibly even more useful depending on the circumstances.

When ya gotta go on the go!

Myk Rian
06-10-2014, 2:24 PM
Every welder I know has a hitch mounted vise.

Keith Outten
06-10-2014, 2:35 PM
My WorkShop Hitch (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?215979-Finally-finished-my-2-quot-Shop-Receiver-Install) used for a vise and a host of other jobs.

ray hampton
06-10-2014, 6:28 PM
harbor freight unit are made from steel but the other unit are metal, what do made from metal "means "

Steve Rozmiarek
06-11-2014, 8:45 AM
Wilton used to be the best vise made. Then they went to china, and became vise shaped objects. Sad. I've seen people happily pay $1000 plus for a US made wilton, and not touch one of the chinese made ones. You'd think they could have figured out how to at least keep some of the line made here.

Yonak Hawkins
06-11-2014, 1:41 PM

When ya gotta go on the go!

..Just don't decide to leave when Grandpa's sitting on it. When you take off ..

Wade Lippman
06-11-2014, 2:37 PM
harbor freight unit are made from steel but the other unit are metal, what do made from metal "means "

A few years back I went to a Vietnamese restaurant that listed such entries as "Noodles with meat". I chose not to find out what "meat" was.
I suppose metal is the same.

Ronald Blue
06-11-2014, 9:14 PM
Actually the better Wilton vises are still made here. You will pay for them but if you need a quality vise they are still available. They have a low end line and then their good ones.

John Sanford
06-12-2014, 3:45 AM
Wilton used to be the best vise made. Then they went to china, and became vise shaped objects. Sad. I've seen people happily pay $1000 plus for a US made wilton, and not touch one of the chinese made ones. You'd think they could have figured out how to at least keep some of the line made here. They HAVE kept "some of the line" here. Wilton has 40 US made vises. 24 Wilton Bullets, and 16 Columbians.

Steve Rozmiarek
06-12-2014, 9:11 AM
Hey, I just learned something! Maybe I ought to be faulting the retailer I use and myself for not seeing USA Wiltons... Either way, thats great! A US made Wilton is a superb tool.