PDA

View Full Version : Handling/Blocking Email Spam on mobile?

Mark Bolton
06-10-2014, 9:37 AM
Wondering how others are handling this on their mobile devices? I have one source that is flooding me with perhaps 20 or more emails daily. Its driving me nuts. Of course the unsubscribe links are dead or bogus, emails to support go unanswered (and I always wonder if mailing results in more spam).

Im on frontier and their web mail (yahoo) is culling all of these messages to a spam folder as is my PC email client (windows live mail). But of course they all come through to my phone which is extremely annoying as I dont start up my laptop regularly.

Im not averse to investing in a different email client and am due for a laptop upgrade in the near future so just wondering if there is any better way to deal with this.

On the plus side these are coming to an email account that I rarely use so my next step is to move the few things that come to this account to another account and simply ignore this account.

Any input is appreciated.

Mobile is a Samsung Galaxy S5

Judson Green
06-10-2014, 9:40 AM
Gmail.

Spam and promotion email goes to a separate/respective folder and doesn't notify me.

Mark Bolton
06-10-2014, 9:42 AM
Gmail.

Spam and promotion email goes to a separate/respective folder and doesn't notify me.

How do you handle non-gmail accounts? Does Gmail allow me to run those through its client? Never looked into that

Judson Green
06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Haven't got non-gmail accounts, so I don't know.

Could you setup your yahoo to send "blanks" email's to a different folder/trash? In affect block em?

Perhaps you've already seen this, but http://m.wikihow.com/Block-Spam-on-Yahoo!-Mail

The last part might be the best.

Lee Schierer
06-10-2014, 7:25 PM
Go to your web mail and report the email as spam. Earthlink will block domains that send lots of spam and you can add any domain to your personal block list.

Myk Rian
06-10-2014, 7:52 PM
Make sure you don't have the spam e-mail address in your contact list.
That will prevent the spam filter from working.

Jim Becker
06-11-2014, 2:40 PM
How do you handle non-gmail accounts? Does Gmail allow me to run those through its client? Never looked into that

Yes, you can use gmail to access your other accounts no problem. And then the gmail filtering can be applied.