PDA

View Full Version : Table winder unable to lift Triton MOF001 router when mounted under table

Marc Rochkind
06-07-2014, 1:24 AM
Router is mounted under a table. Spring has been removed, and plunge lock is released. The router is too heavy for the table winder to lift -- it just clicks. When I supply some help with my hand to take some of the weight, the table winder works OK. Lowering is also OK -- no help needed.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it normal?

UPDATE: My theory about the router being too heavy is wrong, because when I reach all the way under and try to lift with the adjustment knob, it works. I discovered that raising the router with the winder handle also works if I don't put any downward pressure on the handle. What I now think is happening is that that downward pressure is racking the plunge bars, preventing easy movement. With no pressure, turing the handle without pushing on it, the router moves up and down as it should. So, more testing later today, but I think it's working as it should.

Tim Davis 1947
06-07-2014, 5:14 AM
Same problem I had with my 3.25 HP Triton. I say had because I took it out of table and put a better (I think) router in its place.
I believe they have the release button that sticks in partially that keeps the lift from working.