PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Nitrate Gloves

Bob Bergstrom
06-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I came across some purple nitrate gloves last year at Sam's. They have held up as well as most and better the ones in the woodworking stores. You get 200 for $11 plus tax. Wood stores only have 100 in a box and cost more. Buy a 1000 for a club and piece is $10 a box. Just passing it on.

Michael Kellough
06-06-2014, 2:03 PM
My hands get dry and I've taken to wearing nitrile gloves almost all the time. It's amazing the increased grip the material provides. With my bare dry skin I need a full on death grip to lift a board or cardboard box but with the nitrile gloves a couple of fingers is enough.

I've found people are less taken aback at the sight of black gloves than blue.

Reed Gray
06-06-2014, 3:45 PM
I like them too. The vynal gloves rip when I put them on. The Nitrile gloves stretch. I did find out that if you leave them in the box for a year or 3, they will melt together, so they do degrade over time.

robo hippy

Terry Beadle
06-07-2014, 2:19 PM
I bought some at Harbor Freight. Great price and they had the extra large size I needed.
Work much better than the old ones that were not Nitrate.

Doug Ladendorf
06-08-2014, 7:39 PM
I just picked up my second box of these from SAMs. They work perfectly for the shop. I've only had a few rip but that was after much more rugged use than I would expect a glove like this to take. These are better than the ones I had gotten from Home Depot previously.