PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Mast-R-Lift II at Amazon for $229.97

Jeff Fondaw
06-05-2014, 12:45 PM
I've been looking for a router lift for almost a year, hoping to find one on Craig's list. Saw this today and pulled the trigger. Was just about to order one from Lee Valley to take advantage of their free shipping. Amazon ships this free. Now I will have to find something else to buy at Lee valley - darn the luck.

Bill Huber
06-05-2014, 3:16 PM
You will love that lift, I have one and it is a real sweet lift.
It is very smooth both up and down, I have a PC 7518 in it.

Nice price.. they list it on their site for $350.

Prashun Patel
06-05-2014, 3:20 PM
Make sure you got the one with the right opening for your table. There are 2 sizes.

Jack Jackson
06-05-2014, 6:57 PM
I've been looking for a router lift for almost a year, hoping to find one on Craig's list. Saw this today and pulled the trigger. Was just about to order one from Lee Valley to take advantage of their free shipping. Amazon ships this free. Now I will have to find something else to buy at Lee valley - darn the luck.

Thanks for the heads-up, Jeff... I've got one on the way myself.

Marc Rochkind
06-05-2014, 9:45 PM
Don't know about that particular lift, but I just ordered a Triton MOF001 router, which doesn't need a lift (height and bit changing from the top of the table), for almost exactly that price. That would give you two routers: one for the table, and one for normal use.

Wayne Jolly
06-06-2014, 11:27 AM
That is about what I paid for mine from Rockler. It is the Incra branded version with the magnetic insert rings. The plate is the smaller Rockler size, but it works fine for me. I have a Bosch 1617 in the lift as I don't have a BIG router. Plus, it is black to match the black laminate on the top.

Wayne

Neil Rohrbacker
06-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Yes, as Prashun stated, the cheaper version fits JessEm tables, but I guess if you are making a custom table it does not matter. Good price! I have been eyeing this one myself.

John Piwaron
06-06-2014, 2:46 PM
That is about what I paid for mine from Rockler. It is the Incra branded version with the magnetic insert rings. The plate is the smaller Rockler size, but it works fine for me. I have a Bosch 1617 in the lift as I don't have a BIG router. Plus, it is black to match the black laminate on the top.

Wayne

Hey! We've got twins! Well, almost. I have a white laminate top into which that lift is located and a Bosch 1617EVS underneath. I'd like that big PC router in it, but for now this will do. :)

Dave Zellers
06-06-2014, 8:58 PM
I am loving all these router lift purchases, it's a sign the economy is getting it's sea legs again- mine has arrived and is waiting for me to find the time to install it. I have to cut it into my existing table and the minute I start, I have to see it through to the end because Heaven forbid I should lose access to my router table- not an option. Just today I had to fiddle with adjusting the bit for the right setting and I went back and forth between too high, too low, too high again... AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! The lift was sitting there on the shelf taunting me, but I had work to do.

My thoughts are already racing way past reality and I've started designing my ultimate 48" x 32" dual router, dual lift 7518 router table.

Every time I save, I have to wipe the drool off the keyboard. Probably clock in around 2 grand with 2 Wonder Fences...

Hey, I'm worth it.

Right?