PDA

View Full Version : more clay pens

Dawn Sunkle
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm really proud of these.. especialy the blue and silver.
I'm having a blast with my pens.
I have 2 more in there ready to turn and one of them has glow in the dark clay LOL... should be interesting if it'll still glow after its finished.

Dawn

John Miliunas
06-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey Dawn, no offense, but Hot Pink just doesn't do it for me!:) The blue/silver one is a knockout, though!:D What type of material are you using for those? Very interesting! The turning, however, is nice on BOTH of them!:) :cool:

Ed Davidson
06-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Polymer Clay is pretty cool for pen making and not difficult to turn. Look for a copy of Woodturning Design magazine, issue # 2, Summer '04 for a tutorial.

Raymond Overman
06-28-2005, 11:56 PM
It doesn't take you long to get into it full force does it Dawn?

I have to agree, I don't think I can accesorize with the Pink Pokie Dot Pen but the blue one is more my speed. Both of them are eye catchers. Great job.

Dawn Sunkle
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
hehe.. the pink polka dotted one was a special order. one of my best friends LOVES polka dots. That one was interesting to make. I ended up doing it twice. The dots are "drilled" into the clay with a straw and filled with the black clay, adding a drop of glue to keep it from flying out LOL.. ask me how I know they fly out? ;) I'm pretty pleased with it.

Some of the clay is "Fimo" and some is "SculppyIII". I'm actualy glazing them with a sculppy gloss glaze.

Dawn

John Hart
06-29-2005, 6:26 AM
They look pretty good Dawn! This is what I need to do with the kids. I think it's gonna work out all right!!:)

Gary Max
06-29-2005, 6:46 AM
Great looking pens Dawn and a fine job of getting nice clean pics of them.

Fred Ray
06-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Shoulda never mentioned Polymer clay, should I? Good looking pens, Dawn! Congrats on joining the Palmetto Woodturners too!

Dawn Sunkle
06-29-2005, 1:26 PM
Thanks Fred :)

Actualy you mentioning the clay is the best thing yet :) It's become a moneymaker for me, and what's better than that?? :)

Dawn

Fred Ray
06-29-2005, 3:34 PM
"what's better than that?? " Simple! - Me making money! can I get royalties??:D