PDA

View Full Version : Cutting With a trotec laser

Eddie Castaneda
06-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I know this is a dumb question. I've been using this laser for a year now. and I've attempted to cut but failed horribly. Are their any specific setting for cutting or a specific color I should be using?

Jiten Patel
06-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Hi Eddie,

What do you mean failed? What is happening when you try to cut? You need a RGB red hairline (vector) for the machine to cut. Naturally your settings need to be correct for whatever material you are attempting to cut.

Scott Shepherd
For cutting what? That's like asking "How much is a house?".

What would you like to cut. Once we know that, we can help out.

Mark Sipes
Hairline red (.005) is the default for vector cutting

David Somers
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Eddie,

It would help folks here if you can describe what you are trying to do in more detail. For example. What materials and thicknesses are you having trouble with? What results are you getting? Etc.

Also, have you looked at Trotecs suggested settings for various materials or spoken with their tech support? They should have excellent resources for you. Though remember, any settings they give are approximations at best. Your mileage may vary and all those other caveats goe with anyone's suggested settings given the number of variables a laser faces.

Dave

Ooops! Looks like we all just replied at the same time with the same questions and thoughts! <grin>
DS

Eddie Castaneda
06-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Sorry for the Shortness of information. When I got cut a stencil (Material: Thin Time Card type paper) and all I use is the Cut Feature the machine would just beep and not do anything. WHen I do it with a mix of a Engrave and Cut it would do the job but after multiple passes. I will try a couple of your guys suggestions and will report back.

Eddie Castaneda
06-03-2014, 5:27 PM
I want to thank you guys for helping me out with this issue. I have a New one. I am unable to cut around the edges kinda weird to be honest any Ideas?