PDA

View Full Version : Juried in Virginia!

Roger Chandler
06-03-2014, 7:22 AM
I received this email notification yesterday from the Artisans Center of Virgina [ACV] the official Artisans organization run by the Commonwealth of Virgina, started by one of our former governors and is part of the tourism/economic development initiatives by Virgina, and develops the various artisan trail initiatives in the many counties that have one, and is affiliated with numerous venues that promote arts/crafts and education for artisans and artisan related business.

Jury Notification, Artisans Center of Virginia

Dear Roger,

On behalf of the Artisans Center of Virginia (ACV) and the recent panel of jurors I am pleased to report that your work in the media category of “wood” has been approved for Juried Virginia Artisan status.

You will receive your official acknowledgment letter along with the juror’s critiques of your work by mail. As an ACV Juried Virginia Artisan you are now invited to create an “Our Artisans” page on our website as well as submit your events to the ACV online calendar. Later this week, your log-in codes will be been sent to you via email along with a “how-to” PDF to guide you through the page building process. In addition, a Juried Virginia Artisan logo will be emailed for your use to acknowledge your achievement on your website and in your print materials.

Congratulations and thank you for your excellent contribution to Virginia’s artisan craft industry and support of the Artisans Center of Virginia!

Sincerely,

Linda Blake
Jury and Membership Coordinator
Artisans Center of Virginia
P.O. Box 166
Greenville, VA 24440
540-886-1684
jury@artisanscenterofvirginia.org (jury@artisanscenterofvirginia.org)

ArtisansCenterofVirginia.org

The following is from the Artisan Center's webpage regarding Juried artiisans..........

"ACV Juried Virginia Artisan members represent the highest quality hand-crafted, artisan-made works that the Commonwealth of Virginia has to offer. Each Juried Virginia Artisan featured in this section has gone through a rigorous standards review process recognizing the high quality of their work.
What is An Artisan?
An Artisan creates objects of three dimensional craft, often to be used functionally, but always with a high degree of artistry and quality craftsmanship. For the Artisan, form follows function, and the work of the Artisan speaks to the simple honesty of that paradigm. ....."

Thought I would share with my woodturning friends on SMC........I have been a member/contributor here since sometime in 2009, and I have enjoyed the sharing of this turning community, and attribute a lot of my personal growth in turning to the helpful encouragement I have gotten here from numerous folks.........of note among these are John Keeton, Steve Schlumpf, and a few others.........

Thanks to all! :)

Steve Schlumpf
06-03-2014, 7:48 AM
Congrats Roger - this is excellent news! Always thrilled when one of us get recognized for our turning abilities!! Looking forward to seeing your webpage!

John Keeton
06-03-2014, 8:25 AM
Way to go!! Excellent news, Roger, and a big congrats!

Greg A Jones
06-03-2014, 8:31 AM
WoopWoop!!! 👍👏

Roger Chandler
06-03-2014, 2:36 PM
Thanks guys! To date, I have kept my hobbyist status and now that I have been juried, I hope to get the requisite business items taken care of and develop a website with the help of one of my sons [he owes me! :D .....not really! ;) ] I hope to make a difference in a number of good causes by my turnings in the future!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-03-2014, 3:19 PM
Congratulations Roger!

jwjerry w kowalski
06-03-2014, 5:59 PM
Quite an accomplishment Roger, congratulations.

Roger Chandler
06-03-2014, 6:37 PM
Thanks much Ken and Jerry..........much appreciated!

Tom Sherman
06-03-2014, 8:46 PM
Excellent news Roger, Congratulations.

Roger Chandler
06-03-2014, 9:59 PM
Excellent news Roger, Congratulations.

Appreciated, Tom........thank you!

Steve Doerr
06-03-2014, 10:04 PM
That is outstanding Roger!!! I'd say that was probably worth about 10 thumbs up :-)

Roger Chandler
06-03-2014, 10:55 PM
That is outstanding Roger!!! I'd say that was probably worth about 10 thumbs up :-)

Thank you Steve!

Fred Belknap
06-04-2014, 7:28 AM
Congratulations Roger. It adds a lot of respect for your work. If people know you are endorsed by the state it gives them confidence that what you are selling has value. In West Virginia we have a somewhat similar deal called Tamarack, just off I-77 at Beckley. It is worth a visit if you ever down that way.

steven carter
06-04-2014, 8:17 AM
Good job, and good news to a good man.

Bob Rotche
06-04-2014, 9:21 AM
Congrats, Roger! That's Awesome!

Scott Hackler
06-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Way to go Roger!

Roger Chandler
06-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Thank you much Bob, Fred, Steven and Scott! Your congratulations warm my spirit, and I thank you!

Jim Underwood
06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Congratulations Roger! I'm happy for you. That's a feather in your cap, and no mistake...

Roger Chandler
06-04-2014, 1:56 PM
Just to update this thread...........I got my official certificate in the mail today, so I thought I would include it for folks to see.........

290611 The camera flash did not work as it should so I had to use software to add some light,[my wife has our good camera at work today for some special event] and of course, our friendly postal service worker had to do the obligatory bending in half to stuff in the mailbox, even though it says "do not bend" on the envelope :eek: but you get the idea! Thanks everyone! :)

charlie knighton
06-04-2014, 3:53 PM
good going Roger, be sure to get your business licence if you live in town/city, have your list of machine tools with costs and date bought to present, have bathroom for the visitors that will be calling.....enjoy it, suppose to have hundreds just traveling Virginia looking around

Kathy Marshall
06-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Congratulations Roger!

Roger Chandler
06-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Congratulations Roger!

Much appreciated K!

David C. Roseman
06-05-2014, 9:29 PM
Well deserved, Roger! Congratulations!

David

Roger Chandler
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Thanks David.......nice to hear from you!

Rich Aldrich
06-06-2014, 3:26 AM
Congrats Roger.

Roger Chandler
06-06-2014, 8:27 AM
Congrats Roger.

Thank you much, Rich!

Keith Outten
06-07-2014, 5:59 AM
Congratulations Roger, this is great news.

Roger Chandler
06-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Congratulations Roger, this is great news.

Thanks much, Keith! I have learned so much from others ..........including many here on SMC........to all I am grateful for the encouragement and insights in this craft.

Bill Boehme
06-08-2014, 9:08 PM
Congratulations, Roger.

Roland Martin
06-09-2014, 8:20 AM
Congratulations, Roger! A very well deserved recognition indeed.

Roger Chandler
06-09-2014, 4:32 PM
Congratulations, Roger.

Why thank you, Mr. Boehme............it was nice to hear from you!!!

Roger Chandler
06-09-2014, 4:33 PM
Congratulations, Roger! A very well deserved recognition indeed.

Roland............first of all, it is so good to hear from you again......been awhile hasn't it! Thank you very much for your comments...........it is nice to see you participating on SMC again!

Michael James
06-12-2014, 1:00 PM
Congratulations Roger!

Roger Chandler
06-12-2014, 2:04 PM
Congratulations Roger!

Thanks MJ!

Billy Tallant
06-12-2014, 4:58 PM
Congratulations Roger! That is a wonderful achievement that you have accomplished!

Roger Chandler
06-12-2014, 7:12 PM
Congratulations Roger! That is a wonderful achievement that you have accomplished!

Most gracious of you Biily....thanks!