PDA

View Full Version : Summit pen tubes

Rob Miller
06-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Does anybody know if the Summit pen and pencil tubes are the same? I screwed up my first Summit pen (failed to follow the instructions properly, but they were a little bit on the cryptic side, IMHO) and need some new tubes. Rockler has tubes for the pencil but I'm wondering if they'll work on the pen as well. The description sort of alludes to this but it's not clear. http://www.rockler.com/summit-pencil-tubes. (http://www.rockler.com/summit-pencil-tubes) To make it more confusing, the pencil kit is illustrated with four tubes. Go figure.

Rick Gibson
06-02-2014, 10:34 AM
From the description I would say yes. The pdf of instructions for both kits only show 2 tubes for each. If you haven't tossed the pen you messed up measure the tube length and compare to the description. As long as the long tube is long enough you can always cut one down for the short one if needed.

Rob Miller
06-02-2014, 10:41 AM
From the description I would say yes. The pdf of instructions for both kits only show 2 tubes for each. If you haven't tossed the pen you messed up measure the tube length and compare to the description. As long as the long tube is long enough you can always cut one down for the short one if needed.

The lengths are correct, but the diameters seem to be a little off, which is what concerns me. I suppose I'll give them a try. For $2 it's hard to go wrong.

Kyle Iwamoto
06-02-2014, 11:24 AM
My $0.02 is to buy a new kit for the pen. I kept (still have it) my first attempt and failure assembling a cigar pen. Useless, but a reminder what not to do.

Depending on what you buggered up, you may be able to salvage the wood part. Buying a new kit gets you the tubes, and spare parts for future failures. Label them well in a ziploc bag. Or you will have the problem of not knowing what fits what pen in the future. There are many many different diameters for the various makers. Summit should have the correct tubes if you tell them what you want.