PDA

View Full Version : Toy Train

Eric Brown
06-01-2014, 5:54 PM
Doing some spring cleaning I came across a toy that was given to my brother when he was one or two years old. That places this train as being made in the 1947 to 1948 time period. It was given by an aunt who lived in the Berne Indiana area. This train was taken to our grandparents house where my three cousins and myself played with it. Its held up remarkably well. Still the original paint. I like the simplicity of the design. It is going to be passed onto my grand nephew. Thought I would share before it goes to him. Enjoy. Eric290475290476290477290478

Bill Houghton
06-01-2014, 6:53 PM
Very cool. From the era when the toymakers figured kids had imagination (they do), and that toys that fed that imagination were a good thing (they are).

Your hardware store may have some lead testing kits. It would be worth testing to make sure there's no lead paint on the train before passing it along to your grand nephew. If for some reason your hardware store doesn't have that, send me a private message, and we can figure out how I can get one from our hardware store to you - or get the information from them about ordering from Ace (it's an Ace franchise store).