PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop 36" T-Glide Fence?

Dan Rude
06-01-2014, 4:25 PM
290470290471I finally was able to get around to assembling my Sawstop and have hit a snag. It appears I did not receive the Fence rails and tube for the 36" version. :confused: So for those who have received this saw with the T-Glide fence. My question is did the rails and tube come in their own box? Were they in pieces? If not what box were they in and how long were they? I have been moving a lot of things and my son has been helping so they might be buried somewhere underneath something. I just have to get an idea of the size of the box. Here are two pics from the day I received the saw. I do not see any box the length of the Pallet or larger. :( Thanks Dan

Keith Hankins
06-01-2014, 6:52 PM
Man that's a bummer. I bought my ICS back during the winter, and we had snow on the ground for over a month. Had to wait to get it due to the truck getting stuck if the snow was still on the ground. I'm sure it will be on its way tomorrow. It will be worth the wait. Hang in there! Post some pic's when you get it.

Dan Rude
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I will call CPO in the morning. It has been a couple weeks since I got the saw. Found the shipping document, said there were 6 pieces. I remember counting and counted the package of paperwork, which I thought was one piece. Since in the past I have had 2 piece fence rails I did not think anything was missing. Just my luck again. Over Black Friday I ordered 2 Jet parallel clamps during the 50% off sale, or so I thought. Saved them as a gift for a later date. Open it up and only had 1 clamp. :eek: Turns out Peachtree did not have the sale, and when I picked them on the Amazon site it was only 1 clamp and not 2, like the other vendors. I'm sure CPO will make this one right though. Dan

Shawn Pixley
06-02-2014, 7:26 PM
My recollection was that the rails and fence were in two separate boxes from the saw.

Mike Nguyen
06-02-2014, 7:56 PM
When I bought mine last year from Woodcraft, the rails came separately and was shipped by UPS and the rest was shipped by truck.
Mike

Brian Tax
06-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Mine came separate, and I had to ask the driver for it, he was ready to just deliver the pallet. They were the 52" rails and they were damaged, but SS replaced them super fast.

Rick Potter
06-03-2014, 12:18 PM
The fence tube and rails are 70" long (back is shorter), and came in a separate box.

RP

Dan Rude
06-05-2014, 1:23 AM
Thanks for the replies. I talked with CPO yesterday, and they said the shipping company will contact me in a day or too. I'm pretty sure now I did not get that box. I'm still checking since I have been moving quite a few things to make room for the saw. Dan

Dan Rude
06-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Update, Well I called CPO last week and said I had not heard from the freight company. They put me on hold and then said they would be shipped that day. :D Great customer service. I got them last Friday, I definitely did not see them on the truck or remember them in the shipment. I have not had time to install them yet. I hope I can this weekend. I will post when complete. Thanks to everyone for the advice and information, including Sawstop with the proper dimensions of the box. Dan