PDA

View Full Version : My MM16 is up and running

Gary Herrmann
06-28-2005, 1:58 PM
Due to travel, Spring landscaping and all the other things that get in the way, I have just now finally finished setting up my new MM16. I may have to play with the fence a bit more to adjust for drift - maybe file the pieces where it pivots (wood seems to catch a bit on something as I slide a piece into the blade).

I experimented with resawing a bit - cut some 4" x 12" x 3/32" thick pieces. It wasn't perfect, but I was pretty happy considering I only spent 10 minutes adjusting the fence. I was also just using the 1/2" blade that came with the saw.

Its a very quiet saw. Once I get it completely tuned up I imagine I can use it for ripping as opposed to my little cheapie tablesaw.

I was gonna post pics, but the camera's batteries were dead - charging them now. I'll also post pics of my completed bookcase soon.

Thanks for looking.

Cecil Arnold
06-28-2005, 5:07 PM
You might check the throat plate, that's where mine seems to catch. I've adjusted it but think I may have to take some sandpaper to it to get it right. It's not official until we see the pictures.