PDA

View Full Version : Can't send a job to my Epilog.

Mitchell Tutty
05-29-2014, 6:12 PM
I have an 60w Epilog Fusion, and have been running it without a flaw for over 6 months now, this is the first error I've encounted.

I can't get a job to send from my main computer to the laser, as in it's not recognizing anything at all, not just the whole 0 second print job thing. Originally I thought my usb ports had stopped working again, so I plugged it into all my different usb ports and still nothing. Thought it was the cable, used a different usb cable, still didn't print. Plugged the cable into the computer running the Cnc and boom, runs a job straight away.

So what's next? Uninstall then reinstall my print driver? Is there an update I'm missing? I was running from this computer up until lunchtime yesterday then stopped after lunch.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Mitch

Eric Claiborne
05-29-2014, 7:45 PM
my fusion gets cranky when i start it up with the usb already connected to the laptop.

Bill George
05-29-2014, 7:47 PM
Does the machine already have a job in ready to run or perhaps one that needs to be erased because of a bad download?

Keith Colson
05-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Have you tested the USB ports on the PC by plugging in a USB memory stick? USB ports can blow the 5 volt rail. If this happens an easy fix is to plug in a USB card that adds say 2 or 4 ports to your PC.

The other thing to check is open device manager in windows and check to see if your laser is listed under USB devices. Hold the windows key down and press the pause/break key to get to this option quickly.

Cheers
Keith

Mitchell Tutty
05-29-2014, 11:35 PM
Rebooted my computer and the laser without the usb. Made sure there were no jobs already on the laser, nothing.
I had previously tested all my usb ports using a memory stick. They're all working.
I'm reinstalling the print driver as we speak.

Michael Gonzales
05-30-2014, 8:12 AM
Mitchell, reboot the router.

Michael Hunter
05-30-2014, 1:03 PM
By "0 second job", do you mean that the job name came over to the Epilog, but the machine just beeped and did nothing?

If that is the case, it might be that the file contains only raster engraving, but the driver is set to vector - or vice versa.
Try setting "Combined" in the driver and see if that helps.

Jeanette Brewer
05-30-2014, 2:57 PM
By now, I'm sure you've already contacted tech support?

If not, call them at (303)215-9171 or chat online with them at http://www.epiloglaser.com/tech-support/technical-support.htm

Mitchell Tutty
06-01-2014, 8:28 PM
I meant it was not displaying a 0 second job, no job at all. I did not have it set to a raster only file or vector only file.

I have fixed the problem, not sure what caused it, but uninstalling then re installing the print driver did the trick.
Thank you all anyway.

Larry Bratton
06-01-2014, 8:45 PM
Mitchell,
I used to have all kinds of problems sending with a USB to my Ext Epilog. I finally switched it to Ethernet and my life is a song with it. I have been running for about a year and half using that connection and I can't recall one instance of a file not making it to the machine.

Mitchell Tutty
06-01-2014, 10:02 PM
That's the only error I've had with for the entire 8 months I've been running it, and it's done some hours so I'm not so fussed.
It it turns out to be a problem, I'll look into switching to Ethernet instead.

Henri Sallinen
06-02-2014, 3:19 AM
Mitchell,
I used to have all kinds of problems sending with a USB to my Ext Epilog. I finally switched it to Ethernet and my life is a song with it. I have been running for about a year and half using that connection and I can't recall one instance of a file not making it to the machine.

The only problem I've faced with ethernet is the router. I haven't found a way to get my lasers MAC address so I cant reserve the certain IP for it in the router. There have been a few instances where a new machine connected to the router takes the IP address of the laser and that has caused all my problems. The only thing I can think of that could help with this, is to reserve a large enough IP pool for new machines (tablets, phones etc.)

Keith Colson
06-02-2014, 4:42 AM
Hi Henri

To get the mac address of the laser, try this

Go to the command prompt e.g. run cmd
Then type arp -a 192.168.1.6 into the command window. The 192.168.1.6 for example would need to be the IP address of the laser.

Cheers
Keith

Chris J Anderson
06-02-2014, 6:19 AM
I have to use USB, as my Epilog helix 60w blew the ethernet board when it was just out of warranty. Supplier wants over $1800 for a new board - (probably a $10 chip blown).
Is anyone on the forum here up to speed with the ethernet boards in these Lasers ?

cheers,
Chris

Keith Colson
06-02-2014, 7:03 AM
Post up a good photo of the board if you can. I repair and design electronics. First thing I would test is make sure there is either 5 volts and or 3,3 volts supply present on the board. 2nd I would inspect the Ethernet connector for damage and good soldering as the cord could have got tugged on. See if you can read the chip number on the chip closest to the Ethernet connector.

Cheers
Keith

Larry Bratton
06-02-2014, 8:52 PM
I don't use a router for a wireless connection. Good old fashioned cable, computer directly to the laser. The cable I use is at least 50' long and my computer is mobile.

The only problem I've faced with ethernet is the router. I haven't found a way to get my lasers MAC address so I cant reserve the certain IP for it in the router. There have been a few instances where a new machine connected to the router takes the IP address of the laser and that has caused all my problems. The only thing I can think of that could help with this, is to reserve a large enough IP pool for new machines (tablets, phones etc.)