PDA

View Full Version : Clipart Bundle

Eddie Castaneda
05-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Hey guys are their Clipart that are available out there? I'm looking for the Punisher Skull, The Toxic hazard symbol, and a few different ones just curious Thanks

Bill George
05-29-2014, 1:11 PM
Hey guys are their Clipart that are available out there? I'm looking for the Punisher Skull, The Toxic hazard symbol, and a few different ones just curious Thanks

FYI a lot of the "free" clipart also lets you download a lot of un-needed spam and programs on your computer. Check Dover Art for some good Vector and high quality clip art, yes you need to pay.

Eddie Castaneda
05-29-2014, 1:12 PM
Thanks Bill. I want to avoid the whole getting sued over some art.

Bill George
05-29-2014, 1:46 PM
Yes it is royally free and its pretty good stuff, the vector art collections are ready for your machine, almost. I have found the trace in X6 to be excellent.

Robert Walters
05-29-2014, 1:56 PM
Thanks Bill. I want to avoid the whole getting sued over some art.

If for commercial purposes (resale of merchandise with logos)...

Take a look at the licensing from whatever collection you may get:
http://www.istockphoto.com/help/licenses

A ways back I bought one of those off-the-shelf 800,000 clipart packages,
but when you read the fine print, commercial licensing was not included and you had to contact the author/owner.

As far as Punisher logo goes, that's Marvel Comics and well recognized.
Not much different than NFL, Disney, etc. (aka two floors of lawyers).

Eddie Castaneda
05-29-2014, 2:25 PM
Thanks Robert. I'm just curious the GlockStore catalog had those designs

Robert Walters
05-29-2014, 3:30 PM
Thanks Robert. I'm just curious the GlockStore catalog had those designs

And only $20 too...
Maybe they Don't know? Don't care? Are licensed?

I really don't know who owns Punisher logo, just assuming it's Marvel Comics.
I seriously doubt it's in the public domain is all I'm saying.

BTW, I hate you Eddie!
OH SO MANY TOYS AT THE GLOCK STORE!!!
"I want that, and that, and that, and that, and..."

Chris DeGerolamo
05-29-2014, 3:36 PM
One trick I use on Google when looking for vector seals/art etc is to add 'pdf' to your search. Often you'll get lucky and find a vectorized version buried on a PDF. Wikipedia is good to.

Eddie Castaneda
05-29-2014, 3:42 PM
Robert don't be mad Friend I did the same thing when I looked at the catalog. I will keep that in mind next time I look for at Chris.

Bill George
05-29-2014, 4:08 PM
Fun thing, when I was doing metal art with my CNC plasma cutter I emailed Harley Davidson for permission or costs for their logo.... never got a response back.

Craig Matheny
05-29-2014, 5:31 PM
Quick comment on Dover art it is for personal use only they do not tell you this, they say royalty free but it is not just for personal use but it is in the book can't remember where but on the cd label your tear open or somewhere I bought 5 of the books years ago they sit on a shelf.

David Somers
05-29-2014, 5:59 PM
There have been a few other threads on clip art. Talking about the licensing specifically. Gotta run so I can't dig em up for you. But based on one of those threads I tried Iclip.com and have been happy enough with it.

They are a bit weird in that you sign up for a period of time, and the subsciption you choose determins how many downloads you can do in a set period of time.

But, if you then allow the subscription to expire ONLY the items you have actually made use of remain yours to continue using. If you have downloaded stuff and not used it you are asked not to use it from then on. Of course you can always renew your subscription. I think if you search on iclip you will find that thread that goes into more detail. I had included a copy of an email from them that clarified some of their licensing.

Hope that helps a bit.

Dave

Matt Turner (physics)
05-29-2014, 6:19 PM
Put a "filetype:svg" into your Google Image search and then choose the correct option in the "Usage rights" drop-down menu on the results page.

Eddie Castaneda
06-02-2014, 2:37 PM
David are you sure it was Iclip.com and not Iclipart.com?

David Somers
06-02-2014, 3:14 PM
Ooops! Sorry Eddie. Typo. It is Iclip.com and not Iclipart.com.

Sorry if I caused you to waste time.

Dave