PDA

View Full Version : Lucky me! Local Black Marble Tile

Clark Pace
05-29-2014, 12:41 AM

Where by I live there are about are no less than 15 tile / stone places to visit.

Second place I went in stocked 12" x 12" totally black marble. Engraves amazing well. I have attached a picture of my first engrave. Nice white etches. This was my first try with this stuff. 300mm speed / 50 power. .1 scan gap, 200 dpi. Even my wife was like wow! I got a close up picture also. I own 2 lasers 1 Shenhui, and one Redsail X700. I did this on my Redsail. I'm curious to see how my shenhui will do. My shenhui is new, and it's my backup. Not too long my power supply died on my redsail and it took 30 days to get a new one. In the meantime I lost several sales, so I decided to purchase as second backup laser. It etches great on wood, but I am curious how it will compare to my Redsail. I"ve had the redsail for over a year and I've been very happy with it.

Bernie Fraser
05-29-2014, 8:38 AM
Clark that is a great find to have that available to you . I do not have a laser yet and am looking at them now . The results you have posted on the marble look excellent . Thanks for the putting that up as I am impressed with the results like you , great work .

Tim Bateson
05-29-2014, 9:03 AM
Very nice. Did you color fill with white?

Mike Null
05-29-2014, 9:07 AM
I have steadfastly refused to do photos with my laser but you may have changed my mind just a bit. Excellent work!

Clark Pace
05-29-2014, 9:53 AM
No color fill. Just etched. Turned out fantastic didn't it.
Very nice. Did you color fill with white?

David Somers
05-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Clark,

Where are you? Was this a chain store that might be available to others elsewhere?

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

Dave

Dee Gallo
05-29-2014, 9:28 PM
Lucky you! It's very hard to find marble like that but it is obviously the perfect laser portrait substrate - excellent results!

And smart idea getting a backup!

cheers, dee

Clark Pace
05-29-2014, 9:55 PM
I think they are local, but I could be wrong. I will ask next time I stop by.
Clark,

Where are you? Was this a chain store that might be available to others elsewhere?

Nice job! Thanks for sharing!

Dave