PDA

View Full Version : Portrait Puzzles ??

Clarence Martin
05-28-2014, 3:46 PM
Anyone ever had one done up and given it as a gift ?

Lee Schierer
05-28-2014, 4:01 PM
My wife was given a package that allows you to scan in a photo and then it prints out a map of how to assemble the pieces from the back side to create the image on the front side. She hasn't tried it yet.

Roy Harding
05-28-2014, 5:25 PM
A friend of mine does something like this. He scroll saws jigsaw puzzles from photos that customers provide - they are quite impressive.

Matt Krusen
05-28-2014, 7:33 PM
I received one a couple years ago. She scanned in a photo on a website and they made a puzzle that was about 18"x12". Something like that. Only 100 pieces but it was a cool gift. Glue it with Mod Podge and build a frame for it.

Frederick Skelly
06-13-2014, 10:12 AM
I did that a few times for kids. Rather than photos I used picture calendars - disney, etc. The kids always enjoyed them. Havent done it in a few years, but they were neat crafty-type items that were quick and easy. You can build a solid frame (border) around them or not.

Fred

Shawn Pixley
06-13-2014, 12:53 PM
I haven't seen those. I saw a shop that made minitures of you using 3D printing. You went into a room. They scanned you 360 degrees, and then printed out a miniture version of you 6" tall. It was then painted and put on a base. They people I wached doing this were going to put these on their mantle. Hmmmmm?????

Grant Wilkinson
06-14-2014, 11:42 AM
I've done several of people's dogs. They supply a favourite picture and I have it printed at a local shop to the size that they would like. I downloaded a jigsaw piece map and I have it printed to the same size as the picture. I just glue the picture to one side of the mdf and the map to the other and cut it out on a scroll saw. I've seen better ones done cutting them freehand, but I'm not that good.