PDA

View Full Version : OUCH or What Not to take in the Shop

Dok Yager
05-26-2014, 8:47 PM
Well looks like I pulled a really Idiot move this morning! Took the cell phone into the shop, it rang and I got distracted as the Bandsaw was almost all the way spooled down and OUCH!! A split second brush and WHACK cut the second or Large knuckle on my second finger, yes "that" finger wide open. Needless to say I haven`t done anything this dumb in decades. :D Well "Momentary Lapse in Reason" Episode.

Justin Ludwig
05-26-2014, 9:40 PM
Nice battle wound! I watched my best friend slice his ring finger with a spade bit in a drill press. A similar instance of HIA syndrome.

Here's to another decade of no stitches!

Ole Anderson
05-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Another reminder of the type of power saw a butcher uses to cut meat and bone.

Kent A Bathurst
05-29-2014, 6:29 PM
Try not to do that very often, OK?

Rich Engelhardt
05-29-2014, 7:55 PM
I pity you if you're right handed.

Your - ahem - bathroom time just became as awkward as all get out.

I dropped a 600# compressor on my hand @ work one day and they had to stitch my finger and bandage it exactly like that.

The next four weeks were pure hell....

Raymond Fries
05-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes a big OUCH.

At least it is a nick and not a severed finger!

Take extra care going forward.

Enjoy Life...

Brian Ashton
05-30-2014, 3:20 AM
You had the phone right there and you didn't even get some blood spewing snaps. That just won't do.

paul cottingham
05-30-2014, 1:00 PM
You had the phone right there and you didn't even get some blood spewing snaps. That just won't do.

Made me laugh out loud. We need a "like" button.
With all due respect to the OP and his injury, of course.

BTW, I am interested how one would -ahem- "express themselves" in traffic with such an injury.

get well.

Dok Yager
05-31-2014, 1:20 AM
Expertly Expressively Paul. :D First injury in over 4 decades and I broke my Cardinal rule of the shop. Rule#1 NO Distractions in the woodshop EVER!