PDA

View Full Version : Full Spectrum laser issue (please help)

Michele Rogers
05-26-2014, 6:47 PM
I am having an issue with my 5th generation laser.

It was working fine and half way through a raster project it quit. The tube stopped firing altogether I even tried a different job in vector cut and the tube doesn't fire. I walked through all the trouble shooting and have noticed that on the display it says LOFF all the time. I did find the test button on the motherboard for making sure the power supply was good and the tube fired when I pressed it. However when trying to run the tube doesn't fire. Is there a setting on the machine that removes the LOFF. I know it says if current is below 1.1ma it's considered off, however no matter what job I run the tube doesn't fire. Any and all help I'll be greatly appreciated.

Rodne Gold
05-27-2014, 5:21 AM
Most lasers have a safety interlock on doors etc , IE it wont fire if the lid is open..check if yours has it and there is perhaps a wire loose...

Bill George
05-27-2014, 8:25 AM
There is also a water flow switch that could be open, lack of water flow or a bad switch. The door switch on mine would work one time and not the next, found the connector in the wire harness and jumped with a wire it until I can get it replaced.

Robert Walters
05-27-2014, 10:19 PM
"The POWER field displays the laser current in mA, or “LOff” for current less than 1mA. Sometimes this field will display 1.1mA even when the tube is off; in general, anything less than 2mA is considered off."

Document Page 21, fslaser.com/files/hobby-adv-manual-r0.2.pdf