PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy fill for sandblasting?

Scott Shepherd
05-26-2014, 9:18 AM
I have a customer request for some outdoor sandblasted items and they are requesting that they are epoxy filled. We've been using the lithichrome paint for other customers with no complaints. Any suggestions on an epoxy fill? I suppose you could use epoxy paint, but they seem to want it "filled", not just painted. I haven't run up on this request yet.

Joe Pelonio
05-26-2014, 9:56 AM
I have a customer request for some outdoor sandblasted items and they are requesting that they are epoxy filled. We've been using the lithichrome paint for other customers with no complaints. Any suggestions on an epoxy fill? I suppose you could use epoxy paint, but they seem to want it "filled", not just painted. I haven't run up on this request yet.
I'm not clear on what they want but if it's something like wood signs with the lettering sandblasted out and then filled, TAP Plastics has a clear Casting Epoxy with various colored pigments that can be added. I have used it clear for doming but not for this kind of work.

Scott Shepherd
05-26-2014, 7:08 PM
Thanks Joe, I'll find out more this week. I really would rather not deal with epoxy coating anything unless I have to.

Mike Null
06-26-2014, 8:41 AM
Steve

You might also research the Corian color fills.