PDA

View Full Version : Triple Crown Winner?

Moses Yoder
05-24-2014, 5:22 AM
What do you think are the odds? Talking about horses here. We have a picture of my wife Meg with Secratariat, one of her prize possessions. I have been reading about California Chrome, looks like he has a real shot at the Triple Crown. I would like to see actual stats for the horses (I don't normally follow the circuit) but all I am finding is sites that want you to pay for the stats. I am looking specifically for the time per 1/4 mile or 1/10 mile, I am not sure how they post it. The issue is that the Belmont is a longer race; horses that come out a little slower and then pick up speed have a better chance of winning in the Belmont. California Chrome has been undefeated since December.

Tom M King
05-24-2014, 11:03 AM
It's definitely not a sure thing. There are other "distance" horses that have been resting and waiting for the longer race. He looked great in the first two goes though, and has the right build with a long femur for the extra distance. If he gets a good trip, he has the best shot I've seen in decades.

Ryan Mooney
05-24-2014, 11:35 AM
I see the finally ruled he could run with his nasal strips on. Should be an interesting race anyway. Sorry I don't know where to get detailed stats..