PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Tweezers

Jim Koepke
05-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Made a prototype pair of these to try at the farmers market.

One customer didn't even ask the price before asking if I could come up with 4 more.

Maybe she has a big family that drops a lot of popcorn between the sofa cushions.

Then again a woman last week bought all my spoons saying they will make great Christmas gifts.

You never know.

jtk

Kees Heiden
05-23-2014, 2:58 AM
I like them Jim! Are they strong enough? It looks like you use ash, which is a good choice of wood of course.

Judson Green
05-23-2014, 9:13 AM
Cool, Jim!

So you sell at a farmers market. How often is the market? Do ya do OK? Have ya tried etsy?

Just curious, I too have thought of selling a bit to help support the habit/hobbie.

Jim Koepke
05-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Are they strong enough?

Kees, As long as someone doesn't try to use them for a drum solo. Yes, they are ash.

So you sell at a farmers market. How often is the market? Do ya do OK? Have ya tried etsy?

Haven't gotten rich yet, but there have been a few good days. Our local farmers market is from April to October on Saturday.

jtk

Shawn Pixley
05-23-2014, 1:44 PM
Are the wooden tweezers to remove metal splinters?

Seriously, these are pretty cool.

Sean Hughto
05-23-2014, 1:47 PM
They look like you could make a version for serving salad. Nice!

Matthew N. Masail
05-23-2014, 2:59 PM
those look great, you could make a whole lot of variations. for salad, for the BBQ, for sushi

Jim Koepke
05-23-2014, 3:47 PM
Serving salad... BBQ... Sushi... Getting a grilled cheese out of the toaster oven...

I may have found myself a new career enterprise! :eek:

jtk

Matthew N. Masail
05-23-2014, 3:53 PM
I say go for it ! lol people love wooden things, and especially if they are bought at a farmers market

Just promise us you won't ship production out to china

George Vincent
05-23-2014, 4:11 PM
Wooden tweezers are just the thing for getting toast out of the toaster, less likely to get shocked by using a table knife or fork.

Don Rogers
05-23-2014, 4:36 PM
Jim,

We have a pair of wooden tweezers with a magnet imbedded in the head. It's a very handy feature because after removing hot toast from the toaster , they can be hung almost anywhere that is iron related metal for storage.

You may want to consider making premium models with an imbedded magnet. I have been threatening to copy ours but have never gotten to it.

John Powers
05-25-2014, 2:48 PM
Ours hang from a magnet hook on the fridge next to the toaster. I don't think the flared tip on those would be helpful with toast extraction.

Tony Wilkins
05-25-2014, 9:39 PM
Are the wooden tweezers to remove metal splinters?

Seriously, these are pretty cool.

Beat me to it. I was going to ask when you get splinters from your tweezers what do you use to get them out? But then that's sort of a car traveling at the speed of light turning on it's high beams kinda question anyway.

Adam Cruea
05-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Beat me to it. I was going to ask when you get splinters from your tweezers what do you use to get them out? But then that's sort of a car traveling at the speed of light turning on it's high beams kinda question anyway.

You'd have a really massive car, according to physics. Infinite mass, if I remember right.

Duane Meadows
05-26-2014, 12:14 AM
More like zero mass? Takes a lot of energy to get infinite mass moving at any speed?

Roy Lindberry
05-26-2014, 1:22 PM
More like zero mass? Takes a lot of energy to get infinite mass moving at any speed?

You're both right...

You need zero mass to go the speed of light, because mass increases as you approach the speed of light. It is impossible (according to current physical understanding) for anything with mass to go at light speed, because it would have infinite mass.

Adam Cruea
05-27-2014, 7:36 AM
You're both right...

You need zero mass to go the speed of light, because mass increases as you approach the speed of light. It is impossible (according to current physical understanding) for anything with mass to go at light speed, because it would have infinite mass.

For some reason, I remember seeing something about when the LHC is smashing protons at 99.999991% the speed of light, when two proton beams hit, it's like two 400 ton trains going 95MPH colliding head-on. One run-away beam going that speed is capable of turning something like 1 ton of solid copper into liquid copper.