PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a good vector puzzle royalty free?

Clark Pace
05-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Been looking for a simple puzzle. Royalty free. I'm have a dang hard time finding one. Might have to bite the bullet and buy one.

John Bion
05-21-2014, 2:28 AM
HI Clark,
Do you mean a straightforward, interlocking jig-saw, with a picture on it that you would purchase in a box from a shop ? If so, how many pieces/what size are you looking for?
Regards, John

Keith Outten
05-21-2014, 7:34 AM
Clark,

There are plenty of jigsaw puzzle drawings here in our archives.

Mike Null
05-21-2014, 9:00 AM
Hey Buddy,

Glad to have you back.

Dave Sheldrake
05-21-2014, 9:25 AM
Clark,

There are plenty of jigsaw puzzle drawings here in our archives.

Good to see you here Keith :)

John Bion
05-21-2014, 9:53 AM
Good to see you here Keith :)

Aye Aye :)

Clark Pace
05-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Kind of like this. so 8" x 10". Saw maill has archives??

https://www.google.com/search?q=vector+puzzle&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ac98U5_MH9OBoQTdwYCADw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=uf7MbSKehNjS1M%253A%3Be1Q1b57QtQVk7M%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Fcdn.vectorstock.com%252Fi%252Fcompos ite%252F56%252C21%252Fpuzzle-vector-95621.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.vectorstock.com %252Froyalty-free-vector%252Fpuzzle-vector-95621%3B380%3B400

Keith Outten
05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks Guys,

I wish I could start up my laser engraver but I don't have the energy yet. Maybe in a few more days I will at least be able to start working some small jobs. Meanwhile I am able to spend time here at The Creek :)

John Bion
05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Keith, it was quite a shock to read what happened, glad your back!

Clarke, Is this something like you want (some sections will double cut though, so you may want to sort that out if it is a problem for you):289788
Regards, John

Brian R Cain
05-21-2014, 6:14 PM
You can download a Corel plugin from here: http://www.oberonplace.com/products/jigsaw/
It will work for a week or so but if you want to use it after that, you'll need to buy it. It gives you plenty of time to create a stock of designs. Using it you just draw a rectangle and while highlighted, run the plug in which then allows you to specify the number of pieces in each axis, their complexity and whether you want playing pieces or cutting lines. You can use it with photographs as well, which is why I suspect it allows you to make playing pieces. In other words, you could run it, move the pieces around then reassemble the jigsaw.

I used it to make some give-aways by engraving a photograph then cutting the vectors. Just draw a box around the photograph and use the jigsaw creator on this.

Bill Stearns
05-21-2014, 6:28 PM
I found this 'while back - have never had a chance to try it: a jigsaw puzzle creator, usable with CorelDraw. (link below.) Probably similar to what Brian mentioned above. I was all hot on the idea 'till I noticed Wal-Mart - in their camera department - offers customers' photos made into puzzles. 'Course they also provide sublimation services for cups 'n all kinds of products, and that doesn't seem to deter people from doing well with sublimation - so, maybe, I should re-think my decision to drop the puzzle-making idea. Anybody making lots of money with lasered puzzles? - Bill

http://www.unleash.com/picks/corel/jigsawpuzzlecreator.asp

David Somers
05-21-2014, 6:40 PM
Bill,

Isn't sublimation what they tried to use for subtle advertising back in the 50's? They would flash fast notices about "got get popcorn" throughout a movie in hopes you would get the urge and act on it without realizing what they were up to.

Oh...maybe that was subliminal advertising. Oh well.

Maybe you could come up with subliminal printing next? A variant of sublimation printing?

Sorry...long day. Getting silly. <grin>

Dave

Dan Hintz
05-21-2014, 6:46 PM
You may be onto something there, Dave :p

"Sublimination... you don't know why you want it, but it has to be in full color!"

Bill Stearns
05-21-2014, 7:03 PM
DAVID - Your mention of subliminal printing brought back memories. An old Columbo TV show - where the murder victim left the theatre to get 'drink of water, if I remember. ('cause the screen kept flashing salty popcorn.) Used to be used in magazine liquor advertisements, too. Strange symbols and suggestions hidden within the ice cubes. Well - like you said - end of a long day. BTW: half way excited (at this stage). A large 'n popular local motel and restaurant met with me today - asking me to laser their logo on glassware. Trouble being: while the image would be fine, the text below is really wide! (should have a glass rotating device - but, don't - 'cause of the cost. Oh, I hate to lose this business with a too-small - a logo. Running test runs tomorrow.
DAN - what's the difference in my using "post quick response" versus "Post to Thread"? -

Bill

Dan Hintz
05-21-2014, 8:18 PM
DAN - what's the difference in my using "post quick response" versus "Post to Thread"?

I believe the "Reply to thread" button posts to the main branch of the thread, whereas "Reply" will attach your response to the branch of the post the "Reply" button was attached to. It doesn't make much difference in Linear Mode, but if you like Threaded mode (difficult for me to follow) it makes sense.

Brian R Cain
05-21-2014, 8:31 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a common theme to forums. I'm in the UK and changes to the way one of the forums I regularly visit have been driving the posters nuts in finding out how you're supposed to work the site. I don't get the chance to visit this site as I used to and it took a bit of working out again why a thread I'd replied to and later added to by another wasn't showing the post I'd made. Didn't these forum sites ought to be intuitive and simple to use?

Curt Stallings
05-21-2014, 8:59 PM
Here's one. I think I got it here a few years ago.

Keith I hope you get well soon too.

Curt

Clark Pace
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks,

I think that might be worth even buying :)

You can download a Corel plugin from here: http://www.oberonplace.com/products/jigsaw/
It will work for a week or so but if you want to use it after that, you'll need to buy it. It gives you plenty of time to create a stock of designs. Using it you just draw a rectangle and while highlighted, run the plug in which then allows you to specify the number of pieces in each axis, their complexity and whether you want playing pieces or cutting lines. You can use it with photographs as well, which is why I suspect it allows you to make playing pieces. In other words, you could run it, move the pieces around then reassemble the jigsaw.

I used it to make some give-aways by engraving a photograph then cutting the vectors. Just draw a box around the photograph and use the jigsaw creator on this.