PDA

View Full Version : turkey image help

justin lear
05-20-2014, 5:23 PM
does anyone know where i can find a high contrast image of a turkey gobbler that will engrave with nice detail on wood? i cant seem to find the perfect one that will engrave good...

Bill Stearns
05-20-2014, 7:56 PM
Justin -
By "image" I don't know if you're after a photo, or graphic. ? You should be able to find an image with Google search. (images menu.) - if you're looking for photos maybe try "turkey/grouse hunting clubs - this type of web site; check their photo galleries. One thing I've learned: turkeys can require some work. ('least in the case of photos.) Using Photoshop, I go in and colorize the different feathers in order to differentiate them for engraving purposes. (I'll attach 'photo of one plaque I did. Not my best work, but it may give you the idea.) Pizza in the oven - got' a run!

Bill

justin lear
05-20-2014, 9:22 PM
Justin -
By "image" I don't know if you're after a photo, or graphic. ? You should be able to find an image with Google search. (images menu.) - if you're looking for photos maybe try "turkey/grouse hunting clubs - this type of web site; check their photo galleries. One thing I've learned: turkeys can require some work. ('least in the case of photos.) Using Photoshop, I go in and colorize the different feathers in order to differentiate them for engraving purposes. (I'll attach 'photo of one plaque I did. Not my best work, but it may give you the idea.) Pizza in the oven - got' a run!

Bill

Bill, I guess i am looking for a graphic rather than a photo ... needed something high contrast so the detail would show up good

im not real good on the corel draw program yet so it is gonna take me some time to get it all adjusted right if it needed work done to it.
i couldnt find any website that acutally made the image for your laser engraver

thanks

justin lear
05-20-2014, 10:09 PM
here is the turkey i want to engrave.... we had this engraved on the turkey calls we used to make and would like to be able to engrave the same289739289740

Bert Kemp
05-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Will this work

John Bion
05-21-2014, 2:37 AM
Hi Justin,
Have you searched the CorelDraw images? Alternatively here is a demonstration of how to use CorelDraw to convert a bitmap (photo) image for engraving:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllZTBA0HO0&list=TLBod0YfScwjm-7GGyPME2nNXKan9YrtIO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllZTBA0HO0&list=TLBod0YfScwjm-7GGyPME2nNXKan9YrtIO)
I have no association with the link. You will need a picture that is not too pixelated.
Regards, John

Bill Cunningham
05-22-2014, 1:23 PM
Howze this..

Robert Walters
05-23-2014, 1:17 AM
Will this work

Bert,

I can't open it in CorelDraw14, do you know what version that file is?
Might save it as version 9 for compatibility.

Bert Kemp
05-25-2014, 11:40 PM
I thought I sent it as 9 but I'll resend it290062