PDA

View Full Version : Laser G.Weike Storm 500 will not Engrave

Bill George
05-20-2014, 3:33 PM
I can create a file using Text and cut fine as Vector or outline file, but same file set as Engrave will either not complete the entire file, stops with 14% showing on the display or says check file format?

LaserCut 3.3 V33R10, Storm 500 but nameplate is marked LG500, machine running on XP Pro.

Suggestions?

John Bion
05-20-2014, 5:03 PM
Hi Bill, this possibly will not help, but have you tried converting text to ‘curves' in the ‘arrange’ menu?
Regards, John

Bill George
05-20-2014, 6:17 PM
Hi Bill, this possibly will not help, but have you tried converting text to ‘curves' in the ‘arrange’ menu?
Regards, John
Thanks John I tried your suggestion and did the dxf out and Imported into LaserCad 3.3, same old story. It won't even do Engrave on text created in LaserCad?
Why has no one heard of this software or controller before? Controller is a Leetro LNC-LS240A.

Bill George
05-20-2014, 8:22 PM
Problem solved. Trial and error method. Un-checked the Immediate box which lets the file Run from present head position. When the Engraved file was placed the Origin sometimes was in the center of the top part of the file, the software said "hey we can't do that!" and either tried to do so or just gave an Error from the git go.
I always place my file on the table where I want it to be cut, not move the head. For now anyway...