PDA

View Full Version : Used Dentist articulated light ......

Tim Boger
05-18-2014, 7:05 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

I need some opinions here, I know an Oral Surgeon that just built a new office and has 2 of these used Articulated Halogen light fixtures available for sale. I understand they use a Mercury Switch that automatically turns the light on and off when pulled down or pushed up and away during use. Assuming they work fine, what do you think 1 may be worth?

I'm thinking they might work very well over my lath. Has anyone set up and used this type of light in the shop?

Tim

Reed Gray
05-18-2014, 7:20 PM
I can't say for sure, but the light spectrum is way better than standard lights. No idea of value. You might offer trade....

robo hippy

Dwight Rutherford
05-18-2014, 7:27 PM
I have one and love the articulated arm, but the halogen lamp emits a focused beam that didn't work for me. Retrofitted with two LED lights. Home Depot SKU 126878. Better light and not hot. Tried to attach a photo but can't seem to get it to work. PM me and I can attach to an email. I paid $150.00 for the Dentist set up. Mine did not have a proximity switch, if it had I would have replaced with a manual switch.

Al Launier
05-18-2014, 7:28 PM
Is it safeguarded against "UFOs"? Potential toxicity issue?

Thom Sturgill
05-18-2014, 8:24 PM
I remember David J Marks used one on his show ("Wood Works") a few years ago. Would love to have one, currently have three gooseneck lamps with magnetic bases.