PDA

View Full Version : LaserCut 3.3 and Tranfering Files

Bill George
05-17-2014, 9:23 PM
So I have my Gweike Storm 500 with LaserCut 3.3 which does not requie a dongle. I can hook the laptop up to the machine via the attached USB cable and control it and control the laser firing just fine.

I can't figure out to either Download and run a file I just created while connected to the machine. Or how to get a file loaded from a USB drive to the slot on the machine. I plug in the flash drive and the access light on the drive just flashes but nothing downloads?

The software book forlLeadCNC Version 1 dates from 2007. I have done CNC programs before but never Chinese ones!

Suggestions or links appreciated.

Mark Senior
05-18-2014, 9:50 AM
I'm using 5.3 but on the right side there is a Download button, click that and then the next box click Down Load Current. That should send the file on screen to the laser. Then start on the screen or laser.

Bill George
05-18-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm using 5.3 but on the right side there is a Download button, click that and then the next box click Down Load Current. That should send the file on screen to the laser. Then start on the screen or laser.

Mark I just found the same thing. Apparently neither of my laptop screens were large enough to show the entire control panel. By a little resizing I found the Download and Connected buttons.
But how do you get files off the USB flash drive into the machine, the drive just sets and blinks? I does not seem to find the files even thou I have figured out they need to be numbered files or so it seems? File names like 123.xx or 414.xx.
If I have to just download files from the software that's ok too.
THANK You for taking the time to reply.

My controller is LNC-LS240A the software says CNC-LS250A?

Bob A Miller
05-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Bill I am presuming you didn't get a manual. When I got my Gwieke I found the process still a bit confusing. I downloaded the hurricane laser manual (bases on Gwieke with a letro board) which was a lot clearer. Not sure what web site they are using but if you PM me your email address I can send it over to you. I know on mine I used the USB cable so the file went directly to the machine.

bob

Jerome Stanek
05-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Bill I PMed you with some links to get. On my screen there is a save to Ufile I just save it on my thumb drive then load it on the laser.

Bill George
05-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Bill I am presuming you didn't get a manual. When I got my Gwieke I found the process still a bit confusing. I downloaded the hurricane laser manual (bases on Gwieke with a letro board) which was a lot clearer. Not sure what web site they are using but if you PM me your email address I can send it over to you. I know on mine I used the USB cable so the file went directly to the machine.

bob

Yeah, I got manuals. Two disks loaded with files dated back to 2011 and the manual was dated 2007 and for Version 1, the software was ? I was told not to use it. So I had to go to Gweike and download the suppose to be updates. Well the new software was the updated Version 10 and book still Version 1. Needless to say a few things had changed.
Its been a couple years since I had software that just did not scale so you could see the entire display. Now I have that figured out its good to go or should be.

Question of the day, yes I can transfer a file made in LaserCut to the USB drive. But how do I get the machine to read that file off the USB stick?

The good news is a dongle was not required for anything. I can design using Corel Draw or VCarve Pro and LaserCut on the office computer and transfer files via USB drive to the shop computer and do the running out there! Yeah x2.

Bob A Miller
05-18-2014, 1:23 PM
Bill

You mention Lasercut 3.3 My version is lasercut 5.3... I am going to presume we have a similar setup for the location of the boxes (My understanding is this was the version Gwieke had been using for the last several years??), but on my machine When you are ready you click the download button, make sure your usb drive is plugged in, Hit the Export File button...point to the usb stick & press Enter.

Then walk the stick over to the laser which is turned on...plug into the slot & it should see the file & upload it. (Haven't used this method since I got my machine & tried it once...I usually use Download File Which sends it direct to the laser via the USB Cable. Sorry Can't do screen shots right now... That PC was an XP one which I have apart & am working on upgrading.

Bob

Bill George
05-18-2014, 2:43 PM
Hi Bob, well before I did my honey do chores for the afternoon went out and did a file on LaserCut and eventually got it Downloaded to the machine. I am guessing it was wanting me to download the layer cfg file at the same time because after I selected that, it worked. I did a simple box using the Cut layer configuration and in the same file a large Text letter which I set to the Engrave layer. Both came out fine, same file and it did show up on the machine control pad display.

I need to do some more research to find out the difference between a xx.ce file and what looked like a xx.lz or laz file.

My Export file shows only a save as option as a HPGL Plotter file.