PDA

View Full Version : Jet JJP 12HH fence problem

Tony Maio
05-17-2014, 11:19 AM
I can't get the fence 90 degrees from the tables. With the fence locked in the 90 degree position, the top of the fence is tilted back about 1/6" from vertical. I have carefully set the outfeed table to the cutter head across the entire length of the head, and tables are coplanar.

The manual does not mention adjustment of the fence, and a call to customer service hasn't been returned as yet. If there is a way to adjust the angle of the bracket that the fence is mounted on, it is not obvious. It appears that I might be able to insert a shim between the fence and the bracket that sets the fence angle; that would move the top edge of the fence forward enough to square it up to the tables.

Before I start taking things apart, I thought I'd try to learn if anyone else has had this problem. Any advise would be appreciated.

Tony

John Coloccia
05-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Just move the 90 degree stop.

Tony Maio
05-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Duh. One look, and the solution became obvious. Can't imagine how I missed it earlier. Thanks for the tip, and the nice way you gave it.

Tony

John Coloccia
05-17-2014, 8:18 PM
My pleasure :) I have the JJP-12. Serious love/hate relationship, but the planer performance is really quite good with proper technique. I get zero snipe, measured with calipers.