PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Speedy 400 80 watt

Robert Tepper
05-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Good Evening to all,

I hope everyone is having a prosperous year.

I have two questions for 400 users. The product that I manufacture is 6 x 6 " square I am currently running a Rayjet 300 and I am able to manufacture 8 each of a 6 x 6" at once. I need larger capacity. The 400 will allow me to manufacture 24 at one time.

On the 400, does the machine mark the entire 24" area?

I will need a vector aluminum table. Does the vector table on this machine allow me to tuck the edge of a .0075 mylar sheet into the corner and side of the frame?

I am able to do this on the Rayjet and then I weight the mylar sheets down with wood strips.

Trotec advertises that the working area is 24 x 39". The 39" width works well since all I will need is 36". Anyone have any problems with this model before I send my right arm and make a deal with the bank!

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Robert

Bob A Miller
05-13-2014, 1:14 AM
Robert

I just got mine about 2 1/2 months ago... Great machine...no regrets on the machine, just writing the cheque!

i have a small parts table on mine & it does engrave the full 24"... I can put a fair amount of weight on it & there are side bars the material can sit tight to. (Probably 1/16 1/8" high). I am sure you had your demo, but where this machine really shines is the engraving speed across the full table width.

The job control software took a bit getting used to, but quite powerful, just takes a bit of practice. I would happily buy the same machine again.

Robert Tepper
05-13-2014, 1:48 AM
Thank you Bob. I have had my Rayjet for 22 months, can't believe I am making another investment so soon, but I stand the chance of loosing customers if I do not make the choice soon!

Regards,
Robert

Chuck Jarrett
05-13-2014, 5:02 PM
Robert,
We are running a 24 " circle on our machine as I speak. We have had our machine for a year and have had no problems, as to date. We are continually amazed at what it can do. We do not run ours everyday, as we got it to compliment our other capabilities. All I can say is great machine.

Jiten Patel
05-14-2014, 9:04 AM
Hi Robert,

It's a great machine. To answer your question, it does engrave the entire 24" or 61cm. The honeycomb has a small lip which you can use to square materials to.

The only issues I have has is a duff tube which was replaced very quickly and some software glitches when working with Illustrator, but now show stoppers. Overall an incredible machine with equally incredible tech support.

What are you cutting Mylar for? Stencils? If so, wouldn't a Galvo be much quicker?

Robert Tepper
05-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Hello Jit,

I currently do stencils and rubber stamps along with some reverse engraved signs. My primary product is stencils and this machine will increase my production for 8 at one time to 24 at one time. I have had the Rayjet 300 for 22 months now and feel very comfortable running it. I do not have a retail location, I rent space from an associate in my industry, so I basically run a job shop.

It will be towards the end of the year before I finalize my decision.

Thank you for your input.

Robert

Jiten Patel
05-16-2014, 3:15 AM
Hi Robert,

What I meant is that yes you can cut 24 stencils at a time, but the time it takes for each one will be exactly the same (apart from the load/unload time). A galvo would cut a stencil in maybe a 10th of the time depending on power. Maybe something to look into.