PDA

View Full Version : Milk Prices

Bert Kemp
05-13-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm curious as to what people are paying for a gallon or 4 liters of Milk. We have people from all over the US and the world here so Tell were abouts you're from and what you pay for a Gallon or 4 liters of Milk.
I'm in Arizona USA, Milk varies a lot pending on store and brand you buy. Right now on sale you can get it for $1.99 a gal for store brand or up to $4.35 for some major brands.

George Bokros
05-13-2014, 7:17 AM
On sale here in my area of Ohio it is $2.69. Reg price is ~$3.29 -- Wally World.

Malcolm Schweizer
05-13-2014, 8:18 AM
I pay around $9.00 a gallon for the cheap stuff. $8.99 a HALF gallon for the "organic" stuff. I win. Please send my prize! :-) US Virgin Islands. By the way, we don't have a dairy any more and milk has to be shipped in from Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, or Florida. Back when we did have a "dairy" it was actually a place where they reconstituted powdered milk and sold it as milk!!!

David Weaver
05-13-2014, 9:22 AM
I don't know what the state minimum price is here, but it's something like $3.60 a gallon. Organic is about double.

Jamie Buxton
05-13-2014, 9:54 AM
Around $3 per gallon for big-store store brands. $5.50 for a name brand in a smaller local grocery store.

I've always been astonished at this large price range for what is a commodity product. It is milk, built to the standards of the USDA. It is all the same stuff. Why should there be nearly a two-to-one range in prices?

Rod Sheridan
05-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Around $3 per gallon for big-store store brands. $5.50 for a name brand in a smaller local grocery store.

I've always been astonished at this large price range for what is a commodity product. It is milk, built to the standards of the USDA. It is all the same stuff. Why should there be nearly a two-to-one range in prices?

Loss leader....................Rod

Charles Wiggins
05-13-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm curious as to what people are paying for a gallon or 4 liters of Milk. We have people from all over the US and the world here so Tell were abouts your from and what you pay for a Gallon or 4 liters of Milk.
I'm in Arizona USA, Milk varies a lot pending on store and brand you buy. Right now on sale you can get it for $1.99 a gal for store brand or up to $4.35 for some major brands.

I only pay attention to store brands:
$3.09/gal. @ Aldi
$3.19/gal. @ Wally World
$3.39/gal. @ Ingle's (Regional chain)

I have noticed over the last few years that the price of milk at Ingle's is FREQUENTLY identical to the average price of regular unleaded gasoline in the area, regardless of the market. It's usually about 10¢-15¢ higher in Asheville and 15¢-20¢ cheaper in Chesnee or Spartanburg.

The CHEAPEST I have seen milk in recent history was at a local salvage store that had it for $1.50/gal. several months back, but they quit carrying milk.

Mark Patoka
05-13-2014, 1:01 PM
About $4/gallon for store brand and $10/gallon for the organic, grass-fed, glass-bottle milk not available at the chain stores.

Andrew Fleck
05-13-2014, 1:23 PM
Why should there be nearly a two-to-one range in prices?

Because people are willing to pay for it. I prefer off brand. It still tastes like milk to me.

Chris Kennedy
05-13-2014, 1:45 PM
It hovers right around the same price as a gallon of gas for store-brand. Currently it is about $3.60 here.

Chris

Bert Kemp
05-13-2014, 5:07 PM
Wow its all over the place in the US how bout some of you guys and gals outside the US:)

Larry Frank
05-13-2014, 7:58 PM
I think that stores often sell milk at a loss to get customers into the store. I went shopping this morning and the price of meat of all types, vegetables, and almost everything else is up a bunch compared to a year ago.

Kev Williams
05-13-2014, 11:31 PM
I THINK Milk was $2.59 at Winco last time I was there--

Bert Kemp
05-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Do you notice the closer we get to Memorial Day that Gas, food, and Hotel Rooms all go up in price. Oh and while on the subject of Memorial Day- Please take a moment to remember all those that gave their lives so that we all can enjoy the freedoms that we have here, Be safe and eat well .

Tim Janssen
05-15-2014, 9:23 PM
Just picked up some this afternoon at or local supermarket: $4.99Can. for 4 liters, sometimes $4.50Can.

Tim

Bert Kemp
05-16-2014, 11:11 PM
OK how bout some you guys across the big pond:)