PDA

View Full Version : China laser got to Metal tube like Universal? got this email? Very interesting.

Clark Pace
05-12-2014, 10:10 AM
I don't know how much these will cost. Probably still cheaper than USA made. Check it out? Here is a copy and paste from my email.

Dear my friend,

Long time no talk, hope all goes well for you.
we have new product now. it comes with servo motor and metal tube from USA.
Compared with the normal CO2 laser with step motor. the new model machine has the following advantage:
1. the engraving speed is faster. the max can be 1500mm/s
2. the beam is smaller.
3. the metal tube is from USA, the life of the tube is 20,000 working hours,and it can be refill.
If you have any inquire, please kindly let us know.
Your early reply will be highly apprecaited.

yours,
Pasca

David Somers
05-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Clark,

Since the sender was Pasca I assume this is Shenui you are talking about?

Dave

Clark Pace
05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes shenui. Looks like the things to come. I believe it is air cooled as well.

matthew knott
05-12-2014, 1:35 PM
Be interesting to see prices, but they are going to jump big time, they will buy in a sealed co2 from synrad or Universal and some servo drives and bolt it all together, there's a few companys doing this in the UK, they use a Chinese controller and do the rest themselves. Some of the things i like would be lost, like you just chuck the laser tube in the bin at its end of life and fit a new one at very low cost, and servos are way more complicated than steppers that have nothing to go wrong really. Guess this would be a halfway house between a true 'Chinese' and a 'USA' and much more comparable but i suspect prices will be to.

Dave Sheldrake
05-12-2014, 1:40 PM
They have been available from the company that supply Shens for some time, the resonators cost more than buying them direct and fitting yourself but the panasonic servo drives are pretty good. China also do machines fitted with GSI / SLC tubes but their markup over what I can buy a tube from GSI direct is pretty big. Sintec Optronics do a good range of tubes and servo equipment (ask for Pedro)

cheers

Dave

Jacob Davalos
05-12-2014, 4:38 PM
When i was ordering with Gweike, they have options to use servo motors and synrad tubes. But this still leaves the questions of quality control in building the machine as well as the controlling software, two areas which the chinese are behind the western machines.

No good in having a more accurate laser when the rails it rides on are not perfectly square, or the software does not let you utilize their capabilities to the max.

There is a company that straddles the area in between chinese machines and western machines. GCC made in Taiwan. Servo motors, Synrad lasers, and NOT leetro or ruida software.

matthew knott
05-14-2014, 1:12 PM
Well i got the email today (with photos) , exactly as i suspected they have just stuck an expensive US made tube (even has a little stars/stripes flag for all you patriots) in their el'cheapo laser system. Biggest problem is going to absolutely no dust sealing to the laser what so ever. The output window is just exposed to the elements, worse than that in a box thats going to fill with dust and smoke, it will burn onto the lens and they are almost impossible to clean. This is ok on a cheap glass laser as it just goes in the bin at end of life but these lasers are meant to last.

Scott Shepherd
05-14-2014, 1:55 PM
Well i got the email today (with photos) , exactly as i suspected they have just stuck an expensive US made tube (even has a little stars/stripes flag for all you patriots) in their el'cheapo laser system. Biggest problem is going to absolutely no dust sealing to the laser what so ever. The output window is just exposed to the elements, worse than that in a box thats going to fill with dust and smoke, it will burn onto the lens and they are almost impossible to clean. This is ok on a cheap glass laser as it just goes in the bin at end of life but these lasers are meant to last.

It never ceases to amaze me how much money people will spend trying to save money.

Mike Null
05-14-2014, 2:27 PM
Jacob

GCC has been around a long time and they make some pretty good equipment. They are much more comparable to western than to Chinese. And very close in price to western machines.

They private labeled machines through Signwarehouse.