PDA

View Full Version : And you thought you had bad neighbors

Rich Engelhardt
05-09-2014, 7:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/09/florida-woman-has-neighbors-mobile-home-demolished-authorities-say/?intcmp=latestnews

I can see the new reality TV series now - Neighborhood Ninja Warriors.

Neighbors going to war w/each other and bulldozing each others houses.

Mike Cozad
05-09-2014, 8:02 PM
Wow. Unreal.

Bruce Page
05-09-2014, 8:34 PM
She was doing the neighborhood a favor. Unbelievable. :eek:

Brian Elfert
05-09-2014, 8:46 PM
At the neighbors least didn't have such a bad dispute that one killed the other like happened a few days ago locally. The killing was allegedly over deer feeding, but it sounds like it was a long simmering thing.

Raymond Fries
05-09-2014, 10:00 PM
That is just sick. I hope she has the resources to pay for what was destroyed.

Moses Yoder
05-10-2014, 7:03 AM
There is a run down mobile home two doors down from our house. When we first moved here I noticed they had a red light in their window at night. The mother was a prostitute at that time and then the daughter became one when she was old enough, with various clients around the neighborhood. The mother was chased down by the police several times as she ran through the woods naked. They started a meth lab or made crack to make money at some point and the mother stopped hooking but the daughter still visited various men in the neighborhood when their wives weren't home according to local gossip. Very expensive vehicles started showing up on Fridays mostly, would take about 10 minutes to get their meth and then leave again. The son and daughter after a few years of this showed symptoms of meth use and the son one time came to me asking if i had any steel wool he could use to clean some pans. This was before I knew and I offered him some coarse stuff but he only wanted the fine, I gave him some 0000. This apparently is used to make crack.

I suppose I could bulldoze their place but they are really not harming me. I don't leave anything in my car worth stealing, all our stuff is locked up, etc.

Joe Tilson
05-10-2014, 7:20 AM
They should really be reported to law enforcement. If that trailer blows up it could take your house with it. I've seen what happens when houses blow up, there is nothing left and houses all around are badly damaged. Think of the families in that area.

Myk Rian
05-10-2014, 7:20 AM
..... but they are really not harming me.....
Except the value of your property. Ever seen a place after the lab exploded. I've seen 2. Not much left of it, and the surrounding properties.

Moses Yoder
05-10-2014, 7:49 PM
I should have added that the son who ran the drugs has since moved away. We called the police on these people numerous times when fights broke out but the law is such that it favors the criminal in a big way. They cannot search the house without a warrant, and they cannot get a warrant without sufficient cause. Getting sufficient cause would mean an undercover agent or a stakeout. A stakeout is out of the question due to the location and undercover agents are busy working on big cases. My neighbor down the lane is a retired sheriff from the next county over and he said yes basically they knew drugs were being dealt out of the trailer but it is not a big enough deal that they can get resources allotted to it. Only 10 or 15 transactions per week. Now you tell me the "lab" could have blown up and damaged my house, and the property devalues my property (part of the reason why I could afford my property). Does that mean you would have been kind, caring, and understanding if the Huffington Post reported tomorrow that I hired a bulldozer to bury the trailer?

Joe Tilson
05-13-2014, 8:54 AM
NO it does not!

Bert Kemp
05-13-2014, 5:27 PM
You could carelessly drop your lit cig butts close by and then walk away fast LOL

Greg R Bradley
05-13-2014, 8:04 PM
I would certainly hope that none of my neighbors have a meth lab or smoke cigarettes. Both are completely unacceptable.

Pat Barry
05-13-2014, 10:12 PM
There is a run down mobile home two doors down from our house. When we first moved here I noticed they had a red light in their window at night. The mother was a prostitute at that time and then the daughter became one when she was old enough, with various clients around the neighborhood. .
Seriously? They were prostitutes and had a red light in their window? Incredible. I thought that type of thing was urban folklore.

Pat Barry
05-13-2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/09/florida-woman-has-neighbors-mobile-home-demolished-authorities-say/?intcmp=latestnews

I can see the new reality TV series now - Neighborhood Ninja Warriors.

Neighbors going to war w/each other and bulldozing each others houses.
Is it just me? How can there not be video for a story like this?

Mel Fulks
05-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Like Pat ,I thought it was urban legend. At least "rural reality" sounds better!