PDA

View Full Version : Lamello biscuit joiners

Dan McLaughlin
05-22-2003, 10:42 AM
I ran across two Lamello joiners that I have never seen before and can't find out anything from the Lamello site or elsewhere. The first is a "Lamello Junior". The other is a "Lamello Top 10". Is the Top 10 the predeccesor to the current Top 20? Anyone have any experience with either?

Thanks

Steve Jenkins
05-23-2003, 7:51 AM
I had a top ten that I used for quite a few years and got great service from. I now have a top 20. You didn't say how much you can get them for but I know you won't be disapointed in the 10. I haven't use the Jr. and don't know anything about it. Steve

Dan McLaughlin
05-23-2003, 8:05 AM
Thanks for the reply, Steve. The Top 10 apparently is also known as the Experta. While not unknown in this country, it seems to be more common in Europe. It seems to be a "between" model- between the Classic and the Top20.

The Junior seems to be an unknown. I'll learn a lot more about it. I picked one up for $70.00.

Again, thanks for the info.

John Renzetti
05-24-2003, 9:04 AM
Hi Dan, I have the Top20 and like everything Lamello makes it's great-balance, accuracy. I've had it for two years. So far I don't think the experta is imported into this country and here the Top10 has been replaced by the Top20. I have a friend who is a Lamello dealer on the west coast, if he knows anything about the Jr. I'll let you know. You could also call Colonial Saw in CT they are the USA importer of Lamello and see if they know anything.
It looks like you got a deal on something Lamello for $70.
Take care,
John

Dan McLaughlin
05-24-2003, 9:11 AM
Thanks John. I sent an e-mail to Colonial Saw yesterday. I think I need to get a new blade for the Junior and want to know if they carry (or could get) parts for the Top 10.