PDA

View Full Version : I got a Delta part! I got a Delta part!

Doug Ladendorf
05-08-2014, 9:39 PM
Wow, I thought it was over! I had ordered a part for my Delta lathe about a year ago and after a few months cancelled it. But after seeing a couple references here to getting a part I thought I would give it a shot. Lo and behold about a month after putting in the order it arrived today. Maybe there is still hope. Anyone else have success?

Phil Thien
05-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Interesting. I wanted to order some bandsaw table inserts about eight months ago. Old, discontinued bandsaw. Been discontinued maybe 10 years. They were out of the part at the time, but said more were backordered. I wouldn't blame them, though, if they didn't restock them.

So your post prompted me to go check, and the part is back in stock.

Boy if the new owners have finally turned the corner on parts availability, well, that is good news for all of us.

Kyle Iwamoto
05-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Wow. I've turned on that lathe and it's a pretty good one, except for the switch problem. Maybe they are getting back on track. I sure hope so.

Jim Laumann
05-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Looking for a 2nd table assembly for my bench top belt/disc sander....no joy - at least so far.

Jim

lowell holmes
05-09-2014, 2:28 PM
I'll shout out for Sears.

My old 12 inch Delta bench top drill press had the return spring break on it. I went online and found a couple of places that had the part. The place I normally buy such as that from stated it would be 3-4 weeks before delivery. I looked further and found the Sears part replacement site. They had the part. I ordered it from them.

Not only were the less expensive than the other place, the part arrived in two days. It fit my drill press and it's working now.

Phil Thien
05-09-2014, 3:03 PM
I'll shout out for Sears.

My old 12 inch Delta bench top drill press had the return spring break on it. I went online and found a couple of places that had the part. The place I normally buy such as that from stated it would be 3-4 weeks before delivery. I looked further and found the Sears part replacement site. They had the part. I ordered it from them.

Not only were the less expensive than the other place, the part arrived in two days. It fit my drill press and it's working now.

Well I've ordered a few parts they said were in stock, only to have them place an order with the manufacturer after receiving my order. So it took 4+ weeks to get a part Sears said they had in stock.

That has happened multiple times.

lowell holmes
05-09-2014, 4:21 PM
Well I've ordered a few parts they said were in stock, only to have them place an order with the manufacturer after receiving my order. So it took 4+ weeks to get a part Sears said they had in stock.

That has happened multiple times.

Well, I guess they are all about the same. I was elated to get my part in two days though.

Bill White
05-09-2014, 4:33 PM
Isn't it a shame that parts support from a once great company has deteriorated to such a level that we are just elated to get a part sometime?
I drive past the former Delta plant in Tupelo quite often. Sure looks lonesome.
Bill

Myk Rian
05-09-2014, 9:10 PM
It seems that parts are more available for many vintage machines than for new.